“Read terrible reviews and then decide.”
Review of Marbesol

Marbesol
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

it has all been said , book a price online, turn up and its a different price, then waiting an hour to do paperwork. The fun really starts when you return to the airport and try and navigate back to them.....not well sign posted at all for their building.Then having to wait 20 minutes for transfer back to airport. The whole ordeal was too much. Will not be using them again.

2  Thank Jamie C
Marbesol, Guest Relations Manager at Marbesol, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

we are very sorry for your experience, but in our website everything is clearly explained. If you made the booking in another agency, we do not feel responsible for all this lack of information.

It is a pity people do not evaluate this before reviewing a service.

We are completely open to explain to you by phone all our conditions

Marbesol customer Care

"debit card"
"no hidden costs"
"peace of mind"

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

They showed their real face once I arrived at their office, including additional charges to my already paid online reserve (administrative fees + extremely higher fuel prices).
Then they tried in a extremely pushy way to sell me their full cover insurance, that was ridiculous expensive.

As we did not take this extremely costly insurance, they scam us by charging 140€ for a extremely tiny scratch that was already there and their employee did not note.

If you take a car with them, what I do not recommend at all, take pictures and a video of the full car and make sure that they note all the picture of the car, as otherwise you will be rip off like us.

You have been warned!

1  Thank juanjoramirez90

We are very sorry for this, but if we did a charge, is because the damage was not there when you took the car.

In fact, we always ask the driver to double check the car with the check out report, so we avoid any misunderstanding like this.

We do not base our business blaming our customers.

Marbesol customer care

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Watch out for these guys. They have a strange booking system that means things aren’t booked till they send a follow up confirmations

I rented a Yamaha motorbike from them at what I thought was a set price online of €70. I received an email accepting the request.

When I arrived to collect the bike they charged me €90 and said this was now the price. I produced the document showing the original online price when I placed the order but they said that prices aren’t confirmed till they say so.

They effectively changed the price after I’d booked.

When I questioned them on this they said they were like Ryanair (not exactly the gold standard), but it’s worse than that. At least on Ryanair the price you book at remains the price.

Be very very careful.

6  Thank George H
Marbesol, Manager at Marbesol, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi George H,

We have a standard rate for our motorbikes. If you rent it for 1 day is the same price as if you do it for 3, because we have a standard minimum price. In your particular case, you rented a Yamaha Fazer F28 S. So, the rate for renting it from 1 to 3 days is 90€ per day. This means that the price for you was 90€, because you wanted if for 1 day.

In case you wanted it for 8 days or more, the price would descend to 70€ per day, but only with a minumum of 8 DAYS. You should have read FROM 70€ for this reason.

I hope now is everything clear. If you want, you can check it by your own in our website.

Kind regards

Marbesol Customer Care

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I will try to show my experience as objectively as possible. It is going to be long, so if you want a summary, go directly to the end!

- I arrived and the first red flag: they try to avoid having more than the driver in the office (I was accompanying my father in law). After explaining that he does not speak english or spanish, I got allowed to enter to office... 40 square meters that almost empty (why did they wanted just the driver there?).

- We already paid our reserve but then two options are put on the table. In the first, we have to pay 150 euros with a limited insurance cover and in the other option, after paying 192 euros, we got a full cover. Well, we already paid online for the renting so what are we paying for? The 150 euros comprises 40 euros of administrative fee (it was in a tiny police at the end of the internet contract) and the oil.. .but just a minute the oil is a 1.2 euros / liter in the service station just besides and the tank is 70 liters, how much I am paying for the oil? A surcharge of around 25 euros more. That starts to be quite annoying... Then the guy on the counter advice us to take the full cover insurance as it is just "40 euros more". But then I realize that in the first option you have the full tank and you can give it empty and in the full cover option you have to provide the tank full... When I remark this to the guy in the counter, that the cost really is around 120 euros more, he just smiles (you got us he looks like to say).

By the way this is a usual process, in this office. I see four times proceeding the same way with other customers.

- At this point there are red flags everywhere but I am tired after a long trip and I already reserved online and I want to take my car. My family is waiting on the parking lot. We are really good and careful drivers and we are going to have the car in a secure parking, so we got for the first option. The guy insists that the minimum scratch I will be invoiced for at least 150 euros. It looked more like a menace that an advice.

- We got out of the office with the keys and they told me that the car is ready and that we can leave. Wait a minute... we didn't review the vehicle! I went inside again and I look for a guy to review the vehicle. The guy takes an ipad and the review starts. The vehicle has scratches and bumps everywhere and one the lights is broken. I have to show him scratches and bumps that he did not remark. All the time the ipad got disconnected from the internal wifi, quite difficult to follow if everything is noted. The trunk is not reviewed (why we should have to?).

- Four days later we come back with the car. They say that they found a tiny bump that was not noted (We did not did it, it was there before, but the guy did not noted) and the car trunk try is missing (I did never see it. It was not there when I rented the car). As you can imagine, it is impossible to proof the contrary.

They charged 150 euros for the bump and 200 euros for the car try.

Well these are the facts. They say that I agreed with the conditions, what it is true, but the way they are written I was completely helpless. Basically they said me that the review is my full responsibility (nice!). Looking behind, I realize that they probably they get repaired their cars through people like us, who did not take a full cover insurance (where they make a huge margin, not making the price interesting compared to others)

---------
In summary, if you arrived until here it is because
A) You are looking for a rent a car in Malaga. If you are looking to take a full cover insurance, you can find cheaper places as theirs is extremely overpriced. You will only remark it once you will be in their office. If you are looking for price, note that they have a lot of hidden pricing, traps and misbehavior that will finish by costing you much more than expected.

B) You have already been deceived. Do not give up: mark this comment as useful, write your own negative comment, ask for a claim letter if you are on site (they are forced to give it to you). Warn other travelers...

6  Thank Agostinho79
Marbesol, Manager at Marbesol, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hola Agostinho 79,
We are very sorry for your experience with Marbesol. After reading your review I tried to look for your case in our system but as you hadn't let any detailed info or your full name, I can just answer you over your comment. (If you prefer, you can send me an email to clientes@marbesol.com with your personal information so I can answer you more in detail).
I suppose you have made your booking through a broker. A website that offers low cost prices with a lack of information about all conditions until you get the booking confirmed. Comparing this to our website, you will find all the conditions and different rental options without any hidden costs.

In our website you will find it very clear:
You have 3 options: Basic, Plus and All Inclusive. If you take the Basic or Plus Option you are clearly informed that there is no insurance over damages, having to leave a deposit, and the All Inclusive Option (Pack Marbesol) that covers you for new damages. This option was given to you, so you could have taken it.

If this was not explained to you at booking time, we think your comments are not fair against Marbesol.
Our aim is customer satisfaction and we do our best to give all the needed information in our website to our customers. There is no surprises on arrival. You pick up the car in the same conditions you agreed at booking.

Again, I offer you all my attention in case you want to discuss in detail your case per email.
Many thanks for spending some time to leave your own experience on our web, by this way we can always learn and improve our service.

Marbesol Customer Care