All reviewssalt pansone nightswimming poolexcellent foodoutdoor bathroomovernight tripthe managersplanet baobabnice spotnice pool and barbar and restaurantself drivingaccommodation optionsan oasismakgadikgadi pansawesome placefamily room
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I stopped by here on the way to Maun via public bus and I'm so very glad that I did. Worn out by the road as I was, James and Shayla immediately made me feel at home. Many drinks were had and hangovers suffered. It's an excellent place to take a breather. Amenities were great, food especially. The chilly pool is handy in the heat. On top of that, they run trips out to the pans (weather depending) where I had a lovely encounter with the resident meerkats. Great place!

Stayed: March 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

This lodge is a budget accommodation, in a very small town. We were on a driving safari and needed a place for 1 night. The cabins were a good size, but had no air conditioning, just a fan. We found it uncomfortable for sleeping as it was quite warm. The shower also had no hot water. The property has a swimming pool, bar and restaurant. The meal was a bit of a disappointment, we had chicken strips and chips. They had no salads and or soups, made for an uninteresting meal. As for the morning the breakfast was fine. The staff were all helpful and very nice.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

When my family and I arrived, the check in process was easy. The electricity was down when we got there, so that was a bit of inconvenience. The lunch menu had limited options and it took a while for the food to arrive. The dinner and breakfast menu were fine, but for vegetarians, there was not much. The bar also had just beer and whiskey, it could do with more options.

the resort could do with improvement in hygiene - The bathroom, sofa and carpets were dirty.

Our guide, however, was really good, he took us to the pans as well as the Baobab trees.

Gweta Lodge is not luxurious, it is basic and affordable. Over all this a good / affordable place to stop by on your way to Maun or Francistown.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed 23 December 2017

Since our last stay lots of renovatiosn and new rooms have been built. We stayed in a traditional room which has an outside toilet, really quaint. The staff are friendly and there are some interesting actiities on offer, the Meerkat with sundowners is a must and if you fancy sleeping under the Stars on the nearby Pans then go for it. This place makes a great 'last' stopover before returning back to SA from the Delta. The Gweta to Francistown road has Potholes but they are slowly being filled in and we didn't experience too many 'big ones' so make a point of checking out Gweta, I don't think you will be dissappointed,

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

A trip to Gweta would be incomplete without a stay at the Gweta lodge. James and Shayna have taken it upon themselves to provide each and every customer that walks through their gate with a truly personalised service. Whether you’re keen on seeing the meerkats at the Ntwetwe pans or want to soak in the magic and magnificence of a night on the Makgadigadi pans, it’s the Gweta lodge that will make it happen.

My husband and I had the pleasure of spending Botswana’s 51st Independence Day in Gweta. Thanks to James and Shayna we celebrated in true Botswanan style by attending the local horse races, spending an unforgettable evening with the meerkats and watching the sun go down on the salt pans. We couldn’t have hoped for a more memorable stay in Gweta. Thanks James and Shayna and we look forward to visiting you again!

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple