“Great service from booking through to delivery - highly recommended for a function.”
Review of Caulfield RSL

Caulfield RSL
Ranked #36 of 122 Restaurants in Elsternwick
Price range: US$12 - US$22
Description: A multi-purpose dining, entertainment and function venue in the heart of Elsternwick. While the primary role of the RSL is to provide welfare to its members, we have become a valuable community asset providing a place and venue for members of the local community to relax and enjoy our entertainment and meet friends.
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Was planning a significant birthday event when I was incidentally told about the upstairs function room at Caulfield RSL. When I enquired I was met with warmth and encouraging ideas as to decoration and fitout options.

The night went off perfectly from catered food to a private bar and all at amazing value for money. Our guests were very impressed with the venue and asked me how they could book for an event.

As an avid supporter I will be recommending Caulfield RSL Function Room and will hold future events there myself. Great venue, great staff, warmth and hospitality.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

I have been here with a few friends. It is a nice RSL. recently we had the tasting plate which gives you a great sense of the range and different styles. Not just meat and three veg.

They also have "specials" nights. Burger nights, steak nights and espresso martini nights and s few more.

The most popular night for members is a Thursday night. They have a raffle which is very popular.

Membership definitely has its benefits. Discounted food and beverage.

There are seperate areas. The dining room, the bar, the outdoor area, the pokie area and the tab area.

A place for everyone. It's an easy, no fuss, families and friends welcome.

Reviewed 13 May 2017

Visited this RSL on the 12th of May for a quick meal & beer. Beers were cold and tasty. Meal was EXCELLENT. My friend & I really enjoyed the share plate of Squid & Ribs. Delightful.

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Southern Fried Chicken Burger was just yummmmmmm - very delish
Staff were very helpful and knowledgeable
Bistro was semi busy on a quiet weekday but I wasn't left hanging
Clean & tidy with lovely ambience
Will be back to sample other dishes

Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

We have dined there prior to a gig/show many times. Usually the food and service is good and the prices are reasonable. Last night the Parmas were tasteless as were the fries. They have also removed garlic bread from the menu. .
We ordered 6 apple crumble pies for dessert. After waiting nearly an hour, and after further follow up with the staff, the very small desserts finally arrived. Three of them were missing the top being the pastry lid, leaving just a small bowl of apple with a small scoop of ice cream for $10! (The dessert price has increased from $5.50 to $10 over the last year). I queried with the staff member why three of the desserts were incomplete. He replied 'oh, the kitchen ran out of pastry' and just walked away..
We then had to take the 3 incomplete desserts through the crowd back to the kitchen to express our disappointment. We were promptly given a refund but no apology.
Bring back the old menu and realistic dessert prices!

1  Thank Pam S