“Most delicious coconut chicken Vietnamese coleslaw, Fantastic service”
Review of Hanoi Hannah

Hanoi Hannah
Ranked #29 of 123 Restaurants in Elsternwick
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

My little 9yo and I had a delicious Pre movie lunch at Hanoi Hannah. The service was very friendly, super accommodating and the food incredibly fresh and full of flavour. The chicken coleslaw is sensational, so many fresh herbs and textures, I thought I would not be able to eat it all... wrong! It was too good not to, the best I’ve ever had.
My daughter devoured her spring rolls and loved the vibe of the place. What a great little spot!

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

This is very much a quick eat place. The food was really good and the menu is marked by little photos if you’re not sure what to order. The place itself is not comfortable, it was cold and the constant blender making the ice drinks takes over the whole place. It also needs a really good clean on the walls and floor.
My last comment is that the staff who are managing the tables and money should not be then touching the lettuce and herbs without washing their hands. (They were) This can be seen as the kitchen is quite open.

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

The food is alright but the service on the night we visited was less than average. We waited literally 30minutes to order - not because the place was busy, but because the waitress (short, blonde and wrapped in a black scarf if case management is reading) stood talking to her friend for 30 minutes after having seated us. When we finally got up to ask her if we could order she didn't apologize at all and seemed clueless that she hadn't been doing her job for most of the night.

Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

A casual walk in without any knowledge of the place. Had a pleasant surprise with the quality of food. Well balanced with the price, too.
Between two of us we did not want something too heavy so tried papaya and prawn salad, and Vietnamese chicken rice.
Not too spicy but tasty enough.
Staff looked a little laid back but surprisingly they were friendly and quick - that is all we are after!!

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

My second visit to Hanoi Hannah. Lemongrass beef vermicelli salad and duck rice paper rolls lacked flavour and freshness of Vietnamese cusine we are so lucky to have in Melbourne.
Confirmed first visit. I wont be back. Staff lovely but haphazard.