“Nice place on the lake”

Hotel Villa Carlotta Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 9 Restaurants in Belgirate
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

A friendly place on the lake shore. Clean rooms friendly service. Breakfast above Italian standard. Mostly visited by older people but also well suited for family vacation.

Reviewed October 25, 2017

We stayed at the hotel, so we had daily breakfast and once dinner. The breafast was the usual continental, I might highlight the fresh juices and the coffee, that we really enjoyed. Strangely there was always a selection of cakes available in the morning ( I assume it was from the previous nights dinner leftover) - not that I blame them, as the cakes were still fresh enough and would be a shame to waste it. We had dinner once, and my fussy eater mother said that it was the best meal she had in Italy. The service was polite and not intrusive, so overall we had a nice time and good meal.

Reviewed September 11, 2017 via mobile

The food was good, but didn't really amazed me. I ordered tortelloni stuffed with ricotta cheese and spinach, with cheese sauce, and it was good. My boyfriend ordered other pasta and his dish was kind of dull, but mine was a bit better.
The attention was nice. The prices a bit too much for what the restaurant is.

Reviewed August 17, 2017

If you are looking for a variation on where to eat you will not go far wrong at this resturant a good all rounder.

Reviewed August 1, 2017

We had dinner in the restaurant here one night during a 3 night stay at the hotel. The food was fine but the atmosphere distinctly lacking in the huge brightly lit dining room. We chose to eat here because they are part of the Unione di Buon Riccardo and if you choose the speciality dish (fish with risotto is the dish here, very tasty) you get a packaged painted plate to take home (obviously this is included in the price of the dish!). I have a collection of these plates but was disappointed at the end of the meal to discover they were out of stock. They have promised to send it on to me in the UK but 8 weeks later there is no sign of it.
In short the food was good but not exceptional, but don't dine here for a romantic dinner a deux, there is no atmosphere at all