Lowest prices for your stay
₱7,584
Fully refundable before Sat, Apr 27
No prepayment needed
₱7,589
Fully refundable before Sun, Apr 28
Agoda.com
₱5,936
No fees just great deals
Roy Mulk
Chennai (Madras), India
Go if you get a nice price
1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Feb 27, 2024
Useless guys they bungle everything. Strangers enter your cottage because front desk gave the wrong room card. We were blessed that this incompetence happened during the day.

Imagine someone enterting your room in the middle of night.

Heavy prices in restaurants. And forget the booze. Either they screw you serving you a cheap scotch when you ask for a single malt or serve very cheap wines for a hefty price. Choices of beer that taste like cat's piss. Disappointing for a star hotel.

The beach is full of litter when you want to venture outside the limits of the hotel beach.

They are more concerned about group organisations then individual families. They do apologize but lip service won't do.
Date of stay: January 2024
    ₱4,985
2.6 km from Taj Fisherman's Cove Resort & Spa, Chennai
View more hotels in Covelong
3,275 results
All reviews upper deck bay view the cottages main building outdoor shower seafood private beach bay of bengal seagull restaurant deluxe rooms clean beach in room dining beautiful property beach front swimming pool duty manager jiva spa
Selected filters
Reviewed February 25, 2024 via mobile

Spent two days with first class food and service. Every member of staff was friendly and welcoming. Loved the sea view room. Excellent seafood at Bayview restaurant. Despite a very large wedding coinciding with my stay this was very well managed by the hotel and had minimal impact on my stay.

Date of stay: February 2024
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2024

It was a family stay and we enjoyed the maximum. The hospitality and food was very good. Utilized the beach and swimming pool every day.
Landscaping and hardscaping are great.
Taj always shows the brand value of TATA group. Will come again and recommend friends.

Room tip: Good property
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 23, 2024

I write this review to congratulate the entire staff and management at Taj Fisherman's Cove. Throughout my association of last 6 years with the Taj group across diff properties each time I head out to a different destination, as a Guest I am simply amazed by the attention to detail, the utmost care and kindness of each person.

Speaking of Taj Fisherman's Cove in particular, Me and my mom were on a 2 nights, 3 days leisure trip - was a belated birthday trip for me. I am so thankful that we got upgraded on both days - 1 complementary stay voucher and 1 Sea view room for which I had paid. Thank you so very much as I will cherish this trip..the memories I made are ineffable! Thank you

We had a warm welcome assisted by Ritika. Kaushik and Allen were always there to answer my endless queries. I even chatted with Allen with regards to swimming lessons- such wonderful staff! We then met Gopal, the life guard at the beach in the evening...a wonderful soul...so very humble who kept on assuring he will be around and would guide us. Prakash the guy who assists with Kite flying was equally welcoming and very courteous. My apologies for not remembering the name of the Buggy driver but he is a thin dark guy with a big name starting with Kala. I cannot emphasise enough the hardwork and humility of these guys - Kala, Gopal and really hope they are on your permanent staff team as they deserve so much both in terms of designation as well as monetarily.

We had all meals at Seagull and your team of Saravanan, Deva and Priya are so hospitable. Saravanan always ensured we receive all the Veg food we were looking for and gave us good recommendations. I observed Gaurav, the F&B manager very responsibly ensuring order amidst a bit of overcrowdedness due to a wedding event.

I would like to also share a few improvement areas

My Spa experience was about average at best or rather below average.

I had pre-booked the Spa session and had myself skipped lunch for I wanted to keep sometime post therapy to enjoy sunset. I confirmed the time by calling up Loretta, the Spa manager. Once I reached at the Spa and showed her my card she just smirked and said this is only a 20% -25% discount card and not something I could use for a Spa session. Out of self doubt I started explaining her how in the past I have been through this process and how the Taj Palace Delhi team has taken care of of it. It was only after discussing several possible explanations with her that she showed me over a mobile screen how a digital voucher should look like. She had no idea how to fetch one nor any guidance - only asked me to check at the reception.

2. Laundry services can be improved

As we were checking out hats off to Rahul...I took advice from this guy for Airport cabs. Not only did he help us avoid getting scammed by drivers who overcharge by citing different reasons as we aren't locals here but also kept communicating with our cab drivers in local language and made a final cab booking for us to the airport. Really really thankful to him

I am simply awestruck by this beautiful beautiful property, the breathtaking location, the well planned out activities, the lavish vegetarian buffets, the extreme safety measures and the kind down to earth and hardworking staff you guys have. I am already planning on coming back here. With a heart full of gratitude, many thanks for being a wonderful host!!

Date of stay: January 2024
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 22, 2024

You are never away from home at the Taj!

There might be other chains with eye-popping decor or marble flooring or six inch deep carpeting, with celebrity live music and staggeringly created art display.

Not that Taj is in any way less than luxury, but the emphasis is on more than looks. It's about feeling! Making YOU feel the focus of their attention. Just mention it and they try their best to arrange it, often at no added cost!

We had a great team from the FOM to Restaurant Manager to the Exec Chefs, the Security and Buggy Drivers, all curating a warm memorable experience. Not to mention the GM, whose friendly helpfulness was reflected down the line.

Shoutout here to each and every one who made sure we will remain loyal to the brand!

Wah, Taj!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed February 20, 2024

Overall property is big and with private beach. Not recommending Old Deluxe garden view room which has very old lifts. Bit old , not upto other Taj properties.
Food was good and lot of other activities to spend time with family. Nice and clean beach.

Trip type: Traveled with family