Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
ZenHotels.com
₱12,587
Sealani B

Breathtaking Sea View Property. One of my most beautiful stays ever

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Feb 22, 2024
I write this review to congratulate the entire staff and management at Taj Fisherman's Cove. Throughout my association of last 6 years with the Taj group across diff properties each time I head out to a different destination, as a Guest I am simply amazed by the attention to detail, the utmost care and kindness of each person.

Speaking of Taj Fisherman's Cove in particular, Me and my mom were on a 2 nights, 3 days leisure trip - was a belated birthday trip for me. I am so thankful that we got upgraded on both days - 1 complementary stay voucher and 1 Sea view room for which I had paid. Thank you so very much as I will cherish this trip..the memories I made are ineffable! Thank you

We had a warm welcome assisted by Ritika. Kaushik and Allen were always there to answer my endless queries. I even chatted with Allen with regards to swimming lessons- such wonderful staff! We then met Gopal, the life guard at the beach in the evening...a wonderful soul...so very humble who kept on assuring he will be around and would guide us. Prakash the guy who assists with Kite flying was equally welcoming and very courteous. My apologies for not remembering the name of the Buggy driver but he is a thin dark guy with a big name starting with Kala. I cannot emphasise enough the hardwork and humility of these guys - Kala, Gopal and really hope they are on your permanent staff team as they deserve so much both in terms of designation as well as monetarily.

We had all meals at Seagull and your team of Saravanan, Deva and Priya are so hospitable. Saravanan always ensured we receive all the Veg food we were looking for and gave us good recommendations. I observed Gaurav, the F&B manager very responsibly ensuring order amidst a bit of overcrowdedness due to a wedding event.

I would like to also share a few improvement areas

My Spa experience was about average at best or rather below average.

I had pre-booked the Spa session and had myself skipped lunch for I wanted to keep sometime post therapy to enjoy sunset. I confirmed the time by calling up Loretta, the Spa manager. Once I reached at the Spa and showed her my card she just smirked and said this is only a 20% -25% discount card and not something I could use for a Spa session. Out of self doubt I started explaining her how in the past I have been through this process and how the Taj Palace Delhi team has taken care of of it. It was only after discussing several possible explanations with her that she showed me over a mobile screen how a digital voucher should look like. She had no idea how to fetch one nor any guidance - only asked me to check at the reception.

2. Laundry services can be improved

As we were checking out hats off to Rahul...I took advice from this guy for Airport cabs. Not only did he help us avoid getting scammed by drivers who overcharge by citing different reasons as we aren't locals here but also kept communicating with our cab drivers in local language and made a final cab booking for us to the airport. Really really thankful to him

I am simply awestruck by this beautiful beautiful property, the breathtaking location, the well planned out activities, the lavish vegetarian buffets, the extreme safety measures and the kind down to earth and hardworking staff you guys have. I am already planning on coming back here. With a heart full of gratitude, many thanks for being a wonderful host!!
Date of stay: January 2024
Restaurant
4.7 km from Taj Fisherman's Cove Resort & Spa, Chennai
View more hotels in Covelong
3,306 results
All reviews upper deck bay view the cottages main building outdoor shower seafood private beach bay of bengal seagull restaurant deluxe rooms clean beach in room dining beautiful property beach front swimming pool duty manager jiva spa
Selected filters
Reviewed February 22, 2024

You are never away from home at the Taj!

There might be other chains with eye-popping decor or marble flooring or six inch deep carpeting, with celebrity live music and staggeringly created art display.

Not that Taj is in any way less than luxury, but the emphasis is on more than looks. It's about feeling! Making YOU feel the focus of their attention. Just mention it and they try their best to arrange it, often at no added cost!

We had a great team from the FOM to Restaurant Manager to the Exec Chefs, the Security and Buggy Drivers, all curating a warm memorable experience. Not to mention the GM, whose friendly helpfulness was reflected down the line.

Shoutout here to each and every one who made sure we will remain loyal to the brand!

Wah, Taj!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed February 20, 2024

Overall property is big and with private beach. Not recommending Old Deluxe garden view room which has very old lifts. Bit old , not upto other Taj properties.
Food was good and lot of other activities to spend time with family. Nice and clean beach.

Reviewed February 19, 2024

Just returned from one of the most memorable stays ever. The stay was amazing for two reasons. One is the facilities and ambience. Two, your staff.

1. We had booked three rooms (417,418, 424). One for me and my wife, one for my daughter and son-in-law who were visiting us from the US, and one for my son-in-law's parents (who were also visiting us from the US). All of them were overwhelmed by service and hospitality provided by your staff.

Saravanan @ Seagull was ever willing to serve us - with a broad smile on his face and deep enthusiasm

Sivakumar @ Seagull was extremely dedicated in his service, always making sure my wife's (who is mobility-challenged) food needs are well taken care of.

Anbu @ Seagull always kept an eye on our table - ensuring prompt service with a lot of kindness

Elumalai and Gopi @ Seagull - always there and ever willing to be of service.

Restaurant manager Rajneesh @ Seagull: His smile is amazing. He was one of the key people making us feel at home - away from home. His kindness and attentiveness is unparalleled. Thank you Rajneesh

Chef Aatish @ Seagull: Despite his busy schedules, he always made it a point to make sure our food needs were well taken care of. His wedding day food preparations were outstanding - even our US Sambandhis were praising the food preparations and the fantastic service.

Chef Tapan: We cannot forget a simple but very important gesture. In passing I mentioned to him that I like Avakaya pickle. And, lo and behold, he produced Avakaya pickle on my table - freshly made the previous night. He also came to Upper Deck to make sure our food needs were well taken care of. Such fantastic staff is the reason FishCo stands out amongs the many other five star hotels.

Chef Ravi: His south indian preparations - especially karuvapellai rice and coconut rice - were stunning

Buggy drivers Vincent, Dev, Kalimuthu: We are forever indebted to them as they were the ones to make my mobility-challenged wife comfortable in travelling around the property - always willing, always smiling, always helpful.

Reception: Koushik @ Reception. He was very attentive to our overall needs. A big thank you to Koushik.

One area of improvement I would suggest is your billing section. Ritesh knows about the issues I faced.

Overall, the best way to describe FishCo is that it is a Home away from Home. The ambience, facilities and people (staff) are just amazing. Thank you FishCo!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 19, 2024

It was a good room and the ambience was great. The service needs to improve. We ordered milk for kids twice and it took about 1 hr each time and had to make calls twice but other things like towels and all came pretty fast. The breakfast was not at all a good experience probably because it was weekend. It was full and they took about 25 min to give table. I think they were considerate because we had kids. Orders came late and although quality of food is great whether it’s dinner or breakfast but orders are served late.

Reviewed February 18, 2024

Our family of 3 stayed at this property for 4 nights. We had a great time from the moment of arrival till the day we left. Upon arrival, we were greeted by Mr. Ritesh (GM) personally and we were upgraded to a cottage. That made the whole experience even more great. The property is a huge park with a magnificent sandy beach in front and all the amenities we needed. Cottage we stayed in had view to the beach, tastily decorated and well equipped. A few minor issues were quickly resolved by the staff. We visited the restaurants at the property with great joy. We would like to thank all the staff for their friendly attitude. Special thanks to Mr. Ritesh (GM) and Mr. Atish (Executive Chef) from all of us, specially from our son :)