Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
ZenHotels.com
₱9,721
DJS
Buncrana, Ireland

Could be such a memorable place but alas it is not to be!

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Dec 23, 2013
I have stayed here several times and each time I do, I get so frustrated because this place really could be the place of memories, however, each time the service and attention to detail just lets it down. On arrival I was informed that I had been 'upgraded' to a Villa rather than a room. At first this seemed like a positive thing but after a short time I realized perhaps it is not. The Villa is remote from the main buildings. It is large and has a nice big bed but the quality of the furnishings is old and the garden furniture needs updating. After removing the massive cockroaches from the bathroom I went to the pool area for a beer at the swim up bar. The service was shocking, then I was informed that they only had warm beer so I needed to wait to bring the cold beer from the other bar!!! For a so called 5* Hotel this was not good. The pool area needs overhauling and several of the pool lights are just holes in the wall which have not been replaced. After dinner I returned to the Villa but during the night there was a power cut, the Villas must not have any power back up so everything just went off. As I was leaving early in the morning I had to shower in the dark. Only after leaving I found that I had left behind clothes by accident because it was too dark to see them. A room in the main building may have provided a better connection to the back up generators.

All in all this Hotel is OK and when I am in Chennai I will probably go again. Provided you do not expect 5* facilities and service you will have an acceptable level of comfort.
Date of stay: December 2013
Room Tip: Ask for a newly renovated room as some are now getting a little rough around the edges.
Trip type: Traveled on business
Restaurant
4.7 km from Taj Fisherman's Cove Resort & Spa, Chennai
View more hotels in Covelong
3,303 results
All reviews upper deck bay view the cottages main building outdoor shower seafood private beach bay of bengal seagull restaurant deluxe rooms clean beach in room dining beautiful property beach front swimming pool duty manager jiva spa
Selected filters
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I stayed for 2weeks at the Taj Vivanta Fishermans cove and I left with very fond memories of the lovely property, warm hospitality and most of all the terrific food they laid out.

I was travelling on business with a 8 month infant and was understandably concerned about how he would be cared for.

The hotel dispelled these fears with the very first call I made to Mr Patrick Raja who assured me that I should be at ease and that my child and my mother would be perfectly cared for.

and so they were all through!

a) Patrick, you did a terrific job. Special Thanks from me, my mother and the baby- I will remember your smiling face fondly.

b) Morning breakfast team, you excelled yourself and were super hospitable. You ensured food for the baby was cooked to perfection each day. Grateful!

Once Chef Bala found out I was a vegetarian who ate only a limited portion of their morning spread, he made sure he laid out special dishes for me every morning.

IT was a pleasure gorging on their *PERFECT DOSA* . Thank you Chef Bala, Chef Ravi, thank you all Seagull Staff - you went out of your way each day and I will always remember you fondly.

I hope I have the pleasure of being served by you again! Heartfelt thanks :)

c) Gracy the senior housekeeper was lovely and made sure all niggling issues were taken care of .

d) Satish co ordinates the weekend activities - Thank you Satish for making sure my little girl had a lovely time.

e) The Bay of Bengal view from the rooms is superb and if you are looking for a break from the rush of the city, this place delivers it!

All in all, lovely place Mr Kumar and team ! You live up to the Taj name and the aura around it:)

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Songoftheopen
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Helpful staff, comfortable beds, but very expensive. The food is good and fresh, especially the breakfast. We did see a couple of rats when walking around the premises at night time, but the hotel is overall clean. During our last night there was a heavy rainfall, and when we woke up the floor was covered with water... We were not happy with the provided drivers. Even though you will pay more than 400% more than from a regular taxi, the driver will take you to annoying shops that you do not want to go to but where the driver gets some provision for providing customers.

Room tip: * Try to get a metered taxi, or order cars with driver from outside the hotel (we were not happy with our drivers from the hotel) * Don't miss the breakfast buffey
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed December 19, 2013

The Taj Vivanta is easily the best 5 star option in Chennai for its sheer luxury and comfort. You can get an awesome room here with most scenic sea view. Its maintenance and comfort makes this best 5 star. As the name suggests TAJ, they would never disappoint you with their service. every member of their staff from the bell boy to their Manager are all fine examples of what polite and efficient service is all about and other hotels in Chennai can learn from them. The rooms are the so good and automation was too good, very nice and super spacious. The bed is nice and comfortable helping give quality sleep. The chocolates (1/2/3)that they leave by your bed side each evening post room cleaning. At the reception, all are helpful in trying their best to meet your expectations of great service. Kudos to staff and i believe if he keeps up this good attitude. the Morning breakfast buffet which is easily the most elaborate and lavish in Chennai and comparable to the best in the World. Try it all as this Taj would not let you down...Go stay here!

Room tip: Just enjoy your stay....they would not let you down.
Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We stayed at the Fisherman's Cove for three nights . We drove down from Bangalore and had actually combined this with a workday in Chennai. The place is not too far off from Chennai although given city traffic drive was a bit tedious. But the location is outstanding with a private beach on The Bay of Bengal. We were at the delight deluxe rooms which were well appointed with a private sit out but not sea facing. The property is huge so you definitely need Golf carts for going around the place. The service is exceptional ( what you would expect in a Vivanta property) . We had a problem with the first room we were allotted ( taps and showers had a problem). The room was immediately changed and all our stuff moved within minutes

We had most of our meals at Seagull their 24 hour coffee shop and as expected in a Taj property the variety and quality of the food was outstanding. The staff was very attentive and would quickly rustle up special meals for our little one.
The resort keeps you busy with multiple activities for kids and adults alike. These include sand castle making at their beach., In the evenings the main lobby areas have several local artists selling their wares and doing caricatures etc.There is also a special kids room with toys.
The high point of our visit was a special seafood meal at Bayview their open air restaurant. This is a great experience and a must have while you are at the resort

Room tip: Pay a little extra and go for the sea facing villas if you can....
Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed December 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for a week with my parents following a two week tour of Southern India. From the minute we arrived we were made to feel welcome, we were greeted by Viva who had us checked in in no time and from that moment on we were made to feel that nothing was too much trouble. The staff were so friendly and helpful and ensured that we came away with many wonderful memories. Our room was lovely, spotlessly clean and very comfortable. We stayed on a half board basis so ate in the Seagull restaurant. The food was excellent, a mixture of buffet and "a la carte", all freshly prepared and offering a huge variety. Rajneesh, our waiter was a gem, he took the time to explain all the dishes, instruct the kitchen as to our varying tastes for spices and produced many dishes that were not on the menu. Without his guidance we would have missed out on many culinary delights. My mum and dad celebrated their Golden wedding whilst here, a day made particularly memorable by the hotel and staff who provided wine, fruit and nibbles in their room, a special anniversary meal, 50 red roses, a bottle of Prosecco and a decorated cake, a special thanks to Dale for helping to organise this. We spent most days relaxing by the pool, due to a tropical storm off the bay of Bengal the weather was a little changeable but every day our sunbeds were set up ready for us, Prabu ensured that we had everything we could possibly need including a brolly to fend off the rain showers. He amused us with his local knowledge and kept my husband entertained. We have never stayed in a hotel where we have been made to feel so welcome, where nothing was too much trouble and the staff so friendly. On our last day the restaurant staff organised a Bon Voyage cake. We left with so many good memories and some very good friends that we will keep in touch with and hope to see again some time. The staff here are a credit to the Taj group.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple