“Very rude approach”

A en B Thai Gastrobar
Reserve with
A en B Thai Gastrobar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 150 Restaurants in Valkenburg
Price range: US$15 - US$46
Description: Enjoy the real Thai taste in Valkenburg. In cosy surroundings we will be happy to serve you anything from a light snack with a beer to a full 5-course dining experience with wines.
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

Hi all. Walk to this place with my family. Place looks like just eatery, with laminated menu, you know, not like posh restaurant. Place was empty, there was no reservation signs on any table. It was around 5pm. We just wanted to have some beer and ice cream for kids. Owner said to me in rude manner "If you don't order food I have no place for you". Wow! That's an amazing approach.

Benno K, Eigenaar at A en B Thai Gastrobar, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

Dear Vladimir,

When you came in to our restaurant a few minutes after five, you asked if we had ice-cream. I explained to you that we did, but we serve this as a dessert after a meal. As we have only limited capacity on our terrace, after 17.00 we reserve our tables for customers who come for dinner, not just ice-cream and drinks. I referred you to an ice-cream parlour down he road where they serve very nice ice-cream. If our restaurant's policy or my approach of you have offended you, I am sorry for causing you such feelings.

Reviewed 15 January 2018

Superb quality. Lovely fresh ingredients, spicy and tasty. I started with the Thai fish cakes (Tod Mau Pla) which were very hot followed by the beef slices takrai in leon grass, chili sauce, oyster sauce, vegetables and rice. Wonderful flavours washed down with a local draught Leeuw beer.
To cool off I chose the Sgroppino for dessert which is lemon sorbet mixed with vodka and prosecco.....a perfect finish to ant Thai meal.
The bill at 34 Euros represented excellent value for money. The service was quick and attentive.

Reviewed 7 October 2017

We're always attracted to oriental food. We came here to taste what we liked and craved to eat. Not too spicy fo a certain dish. We like it that way.

Food as ordered were followed, the service was quick because we were first to come for a dinner. Staff were nice and friendly.

Reviewed 5 March 2017

Ate here 4 march 2017 with GF and family. The place is rather small but has a heated terrace. In the tiny tiny kitchen two thai cooks prepare food like in Thailand. We had laab gai, tom yam gung and springrolls as a starter. As part Indonesion guy I ordered the laab spicy. But that truly came spicy. A lot of Dutch restaurants spice-down their dishes to the average Dutch taste, but here they clearly don't do that. But I digress. The starters were all very good. Next course consisted of Neua Pad Prik Thai Dam, Kai Pad Med Mamuang, Massaman curry and fried rice. Everything was again excellent with only the massaman underwhelming. I have tasted that one better with less cream and more flavour.

Portions for the mains are big btw. I am a big eater and had enough.

Next time Valkenburg will be Thai food again for us.

2  Thank Arthur_Wetselaar
Reviewed 4 August 2016

A & B is not a bad thai. It was a bit too mild for our standard but then again we're used to eat more spicy then regular. Within the hustle and bustle of tourist traps that form the main street of Valkenburg the A & B is a pretty good alternative for the usual steak and french fries.