“Beautiful Chianti wine country tour”

Wine Tour Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Tuscany is famous for its variety of quality wines, extra virgin olive oil, grappa, pecorino cheese and a lot of other less known products.With Wine Tour Adventure you can explore by car the amazing rural Tuscany, cruising vineyards, waving fields, medieval villages, castles, abbeys, artisan showrooms and workshops, local Enogastronomic shops and important wineries where you can taste all the different products.
Reviewed 15 September 2012

Alessandra picked us up as scheduled at our hotel in Monteriggioni at 10 am for our 4 hour Chianti tour. She was wonderful - knowledgeable, personable, and fun. She took us to two wineries where we learned and sampled wine and oil - she then drove us through the country and we walked a bit in a small town. Alessandra and her tour were one of the highlights of our trip. I am so happy I found the company and booked ahead of time - she is a delight. She has several other tours which I would not hesitate to try.

Date of experience: September 2012
"san gimignano"
in 19 reviews
"casa emma"
in 5 reviews
"could not have been more"
in 5 reviews
"our entire trip"
"sunflower fields"
"perfect itinerary"

Reviewed 25 July 2012

I spent a full day with Michele from 2Be touring around the San Gimignano and Monteriggioni area. A highlight was the Tenuta Torciano winery where I was treated to a wine testing lesson and a most generous food and wine sampling. The hosts treated me like a special guest at their home. Michele was more like a friend than a formal host and introduced me to some local producers and artisans. Do not miss Artemisia jewellery at Monteriggioni. So much information in one day, I could easily have spent several days absorbing the spirit of these magical villages via Michele. Excellent value for money, a delicious lunch and a happy day.

1  Thank afalduto
Reviewed 28 June 2012

This is the fourth year we have hired Michele from 2Be Travel Designers. We rented a car the first time we went to Tuscany and my poor husband missed so much of what makes Tuscany one of my favorite places, the scenery! The roads are narrow and twisty so he had to keep his eyes on the road while I gushed about the beauty. They can get you lunch and diiner reservations (hotel too!), get you in for private wine tours and tastings and cheese makers (yum!). They know places the guide books don't. You don't have to worry about where you might park when visiting the hill towns (this is a frequent problem). They drop you off and pick you up. We will NEVER rent a car again.

Date of experience: May 2012
22  Thank nwinner777
Reviewed 27 June 2012

The most dedicated, knowledgeable, and friendly staff I have ever taken a tour with. Alessandra is the very best! I highly recommend booking in advance and asking for her to guide your wine tour. She has years of wine experience as a sommelier and knows Tuscany like the back of her hand. She recommended some wineries and also took us to the few we selected. It was great to see where some of our favorite wines are crafted but we really enjoyed Alessandra’s choices. It was great to go to a winery that only makes several thousand bottles. One in particular was on a private family estate where they invite you to literally dine with them at their family table. The son grows the wine and the father makes the prosciutto and salami from their own livestock. It was a pretty amazing operation. One note on selecting wineries: if the winery is big enough to produce bottles for export to the US the winery might not be as intimate and fun as the smaller wineries where you can taste wine you can only get in Italy

Date of experience: May 2012
1  Thank emmap719
See more reviews
Reviewed 21 June 2012

As part of our holiday in Italy I booked the day-long wine tasting tour for myself and three friends. Federico was our driver and guide. He speaks very good English, is very knowledgeable about the local area, and super friendly (also a very good driver). We were picked up close to the villa where we were staying and taken to two wineries, with a stop along the way at a small Tuscan hill town. We had lunch al fresco at a beautiful restaurant and the food was amazing. Our day of tasting great Chianti wines, balsamic vinegar and truffle oil was the highlight of our trip. It was such a good time that I booked another day the following week when my husband and in-laws arrived after the departure of my friends. I highly recommend this company, both for service and value. I will certainly contact them again on our next trip to the area.

Date of experience: June 2012