“Great food and inexpensive”
Review of Via de la Tapa

Via de la Tapa
Ranked #31 of 226 Restaurants in Merida
Price range: US$1 - US$13
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 5 April 2018

This restaurant was recommended by the Pilar, the owner of the Apartamentos Coso de San Albin. We found a great selection of tapas and ordered four of them (croquettes, veal hamburger, secreto at Roquefort and blood pudding sausages). Every plate was excellent and the bill ridicule low. If I return to Merida, I'll be back to this place.

Reviewed 24 January 2018

It's already my third foray that precedes a fantastic evening with the nocturnal performance at the Roman Theater of Mérida

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

The food is nice. The service not to much. We wanted to sit inside because it was too noisy outside. There was nobody inside, but we were forced to sit at a table we didn’t want. The second waiter allowed us to change our table.
I saw some people at the bar having a simple tomato salad. So I ordered one. The first waiter brought a tuna salad. I said I asked for a tomato salad. He said « we don’t have simple tomato salad! »
On my way out, I see other people outside having simple tomato salad ... no comments.

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

28th July 2017
3.09pm
Ordered 2 beers dos canas and got 2 pints , surly rude waitress argued that was what we ordered . Eventually , because we speak fluent Spanish she changed order.
Had jamón tostada which was good but waitress was so rude , threw food on table , never smiled .
We paid and left .

Reviewed 21 July 2017

I was visiting the majestic Roman theatre and arena in Merida and had sent my wife ahead to get something to eat or drink, as her legs were giving out. I joined her later at the Via de la tapa and had one of our most pleasant culinary surprises in Spain. She had already had a drink with some nibbles and we ordered 3 tapas and two further drinks for our lunch. We then wondered, given the normal size of taps, whether we might need an extra one, which I duly ordered. We then saw the size of the portions some guests were receiving and thought, after all, that 3 would be plenty. Unfortunately we were to late to cancel the fourth, but we didn't even try to eat it, but took in home in a doggy bag for our tea.The quality more than matched the quantity. We had chicken, cheese, serrano, beef and lots more. In the end our bill for all this came to under 20 Euros. It was some of the best and cheapest food we had in Spain and was no more like the commonly served tapas which disappear in a couple of bites. If you are visiting these Roman remains, this is the place to eat, just about 50 yards from the entrance to the ruins. Just to make things even better, the staff were pleasant and good humoured.