ALTA Cebu Resort
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
Agoda.com
All reviewsteam buildingmactan islandwall climbingspent a weekcity tournice poolfree shuttlebreakfast was includedisland hoppingrelaxing staymangolarryresortphilippinesprosmspoolside
Reviewed 27 February 2015

The resort was nice. It was quiet. The staff was friendly. They often book funny little live entertainment things at night. The rooms are nice. They have a tiny shop to buy things from any time of day, in case you forgot toothpaste or a swimsuit, or just want a beer or something.

Oh, but the location. To get to a beach - 20-30 minute drive.
To get to Cebu city attractions - an hour to 90 minutes.
Nearby? Basically nothing.

Really, it's quiet nice. Just. The. Location.

• Stayed: February 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jeff K
Reviewed 17 February 2015

I absolutely loved this resort. I booked the Valentine's day package which included an amazing 5 course candlelight dinner that came with a private waiter along with a very nice room. In fact, I even proposed to my girlfriend at the resort. The staff was very excited for us, and they went out of their way to make the stay very special. We will definitely come back to this resort. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: February 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2015

My wife and I spent a fine weekend at The Alta. There is no beach area but two pools are available. The fitness area is very poor. I spoke with resort manager about this problem. The resort is undergoing some changes for the better. As I strolled around the area I could see where this place is headed . The dining staff is good. I found the food tasty and filling. On Friday and Sunday evenings a poolside bbq/ grille parties were a hit. With some local talent doing the entertainment it was fun. You can access some outside attractions and restaurants for a price. I plan to come back in the future to visit the improvements.

Room Tip: Stayed in a deluxe near the gift shop. Close to dining area ,pool and fitness area.
  • Stayed: January 2015, traveled as a couple
3  Thank kewz
Reviewed 9 January 2015

This is the second time we stayed at this resort. We will be back again, and again.

We had a Christmas get together in one of our siblings home and the drive was too long, so we booked two rooms.

The place is homey, with lush garden, native ambience and my favorite hammock. There are two swimming pools, and a decent recreation area.

This place is great for big groups. They even have a Japanese inspired room good for more than ten people. The ordinary bed can easily accommodate two adults and two kids. The rooms are painted with nature scenery, its calming to the mind.

If you are coming for Sinulog and the city hotels are packed, stay here and take a cab to the city. Your relaxing, worry free, home away from home in Mactan, Cebu.

By the way, they have jewelry overruns for sale as this resort used to house a Fashion jewelry design and manufacturing company.

• Stayed: December 2014
1  Thank Kali4Women
Reviewed 4 January 2015

The resort is quite amazing with 2 swimming pools, lively bar, karaoke and rock climbing facilities, an alley overlooking mangroves, pool and carrom tables and various room set ups. The only drawback I experienced was with the food quality and restaurant. They were certainly not upto the mark, considering the otherwise fantastic resort !

• Stayed: December 2014