I stayed here for a week in February 2015 with my wife, we had just gotten married and included a stint here as part of our honeymoon.
I booked this resort initially because it is reasonably priced and it has a lot of excellent reviews on trip advisor.
While we were in Alta we took a couple of day trips out to the other beach resorts (where you pay a fee and stay there for the day and eat lunch there).
The other resorts were fine, but we checked up how much they were and compared to Alta, what you are paying in the other places is insane, in a lot of the cases you are paying an extra 100 dollars a night and the only difference is a bit of a nicer room and an almost non existent beach (most of the beaches in Mactan are artificial, so if a place advertises a beach, take it with a pinch of salt!)
So the advantages of staying in Alta are
1. Priced very reasonably
2. Lovely staff - friendly, helpful, quick and just couldn't do enough for you!
3. Private and peaceful - While we were there we essentially got one of the pools to ourselves for some of the days (the hotel has a large pool and a smaller more secluded one)
4. The owner Larry is a lovely guy and is always around, this is lovely to see in a hotel, instead of the run of the mill, corporate managers you will see in other resorts.
1. Food in the bar - Some of it is excellent and some is average, we suggested to Larry while there that they should add a bit more onto the menu, he said
1. Food in the bar - Some of it is excellent and some is average, we suggested to Larry while there that they should add a bit more onto the menu, he said he would talk to the chefs about it as he was in agreement.
Still giving the Alta an excellent review, because what you are getting for what you are paying for is tremendous value on Mactan Island (some very overpriced resorts so watch out!). The staff really made our stay really enjoyable and I just couldn't mark them down because one or two of the bar dishes were average.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ambiance at Alta Cebu Resort is truly unique - with the feel of a tropical rain forest, modern cozy facilities, genuine service. With 50 rooms, it has the feel of a casual, intimate estate in a tropical paradise. Alta is a place where guests can meet liked-minded travelers from around the world; this includes families on vacation, couples seeking a romantic hideaway and those who want to experience a new culture. Alta also offers sustainable tourism or volunteer programs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Book Philippines, Inc., Booking.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your ALTA Cebu Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alta Cebu Hotel Cordova
- Alta Hotel Cebu