“An absolute GEM of a restaurant. ”

Oiishi Japanese Cuisine
Ranked #2 of 121 Restaurants in East Kilbride
Price range: US$4 - US$16
Description: Oiishi is the first ever Japanese restaurant to serve East Kilbride and it's surrounding areas. Options on the menu range from sushi to ramen / udon noodle dishes, cha-han (fried rice) and teppanyaki. Speciality desserts such as green tea ice cream will change on a weekly basis.
Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

I have now visited Oiishi over 5 times and every single time I leave I am trying to plan another visit. My only complaint is that I don’t have enough room to eat the whole menu every time I go there.

It’s very easy for a restaurant to become bogged down by its menu and to either provide too much choice or too little. I find that Oiishi offers the perfect amount of choice between starters, Sushi and main courses to balance an utterly sublime dining experience.

The ramen is among the best I have tasted and beats similar restaurants hands down.

The staff are friendly, attentive and welcoming and I love the fact that this place is on our doorstep when it could easily be one of the best restaurants in Glasgow or Edinburgh.

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Really impressed with this little gem of a restaurant.

Great food- big flavours - reasonable price. Wasn’t expecting this in the area.

We ordered a tempura starter and noodle mains. The soup noodles was amazing. I was told the chef is Malaysian, s/he pay particular attention to individual flavours to create an authentic Japanese dish. Well done.

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

Visited in March 2018 for my birthday. Whilst we were unlucky in being able to book a table for dinner the previous weekend, I was happy to try again for lunch the following week.

I can completely understand why it's packed at the weekend! This is the best Japanese food I've ever tried. At Oiishi, they have impeccable attention to detail, everything is cooked to order from fresh and this really shows in the taste and presentation. I can't wait to come back!

The katsu summer roll was my favourite thing of the several dishes I sampled. This is a must try for any sushi/katsu chicken aficionado. Scotch beef ramen was incredible and the pork ribs were succulent and tender which melted in the mouth.

This restaurant is a must try! I will be back!

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

Absolutely wonderful food! Fabulous customer service! Lovely decor and beautiful atmosphere!

Thoroughly enjoyed my experience at Oiishi! Attended for a birthday meal to celebrate my brother in laws birthday.

The staff were so kind, very hospitable and accommodating, the atmosphere was lovely and everything authentic.
As soon as you step in you’re greeted and seated straight away.
It’s actually perfect for large groups as well as small as the lay out of the tables around the area are accommodating to both.

The food is well presented, tastes amazing and were even asked to sample foods to comment to be considered for their future menu.

Situated on a lovely little cobbled street in the heart of East Kilbride Village, it has a warm, welcoming atmosphere, affordable prices for such quality food and fun for everyone!

A definite MUST go! And I for one can not wait to attend again!

Five PLUS stars from me!

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

What a find in easy Kilbride . Probably the best Japanese restaurant. Good service , fantastic food . Reasonable price. Hopefully we can return very soon .