3,865 results
All reviews tower room quadro restaurant reef club terrace restaurant lobby bar robert vella kids club sea view executive club special thanks indoor pool large balcony five star hotel fantastic hotel private beach st julians sun loungers
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for a week May. On positive side bedrooms are a good size, pool is good, no children’s area so can be very noisy. Breakfast is excellent, generally quality of food is good, staff are very helpful, nothing is too much trouble. We had an issue with our room, reason is immaterial but the staff sorted it out quickly & efficiently, Tatiana & Helena were superb. This hotel markets itself as a “resort” hotel, but for 5 out of the 7 days that we were there, the only places available for an evening meal were a small high end, fine dining restaurant or a lounge bar! The excellent Pallios which served a great range of food was only open on Friday and Saturday. Food in lounge bar was good, but getting a seat was a challenge, again staff tried very hard to assist in difficult circumstances. Simply not good enough, customers were unhappy as were staff struggling to cope, senior management really need to listen to customers rather than make somewhat cheesy, idealistic welcome videos for TV!

Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
Tatjana V, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Dear James T,

Thank you very much for choosing the Westin Dragonara Resort and for sharing your experience with other fellow travellers. It was absolutely a pleasure to meet you.

I was very happy to read your positive comments about the hotel facilities and the service. Thank you for pointing out that the breakfast was excellent. We trust you liked our newly refurbished Terrace restaurant. I am also very happy that we managed to assist you with the room. Helena sends her greetings as well!

If I may add, the resort offers adult only area with the direct access to Mediterranean sea, which is a lower part of the Bayview pool.

I would also like to thank you for your feedback about the restaurants. It has been shared with the team and acknowledged in order to improve our offer. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused if you had to wait for a seat at the Lobby; as it operates on a first come, first served basis, we can accommodate the guests as soon as there is availability.

Should you decide to visit us again, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. We look forward to welcoming you back to our Resort.

Tatjana

Reviewed 27 May 2018

Myself and two friends stayed at the resort for 4 nights to celebrate my birthday. Location is great for st Julian's bars/restaurants/shops etc. The staff are very friendly and can't do enough for you! The whole hotel is immaculate and I have to disagree with other reviews about the hotel being dated, the reception, restaurants, lounge area, and rooms were all very modern and grand. The lounge bar food was good and reasonably priced. Pool food was very expensive though. Loved having an additional adult only part for sunbathing, this was also in front of the sea which made it even more relaxing.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed 26 May 2018

Typically amercain resort with no charm. Rooms need a complete overhaul.
Pool invaded by loud kids.
When we were there only one restaurant was opened. We were onfined most of the time to the snakcs served at the bar.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pmorali
Tatjana V, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Dragonara Resort, Malta, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2018

Dear Pmorali,

Thank you for choosing the Westin Dragonara Resort and for your feedback.

With regret we read your impressions about our Resort.

Let us assure you that our Team continuously works on enhancing the hotels environment. We believe that you had the opportunity to enjoy breakfast at our Terrace Restaurant which now has a new and fresh look and stands for one of the favourite dining spots on the Island.
Also, allow me to point out that our Resort offers adult only area with the direct access to the Mediterranean sea, so the adults could enjoy some time on their own.

Should you plan a returning visit, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. It will be my pleasure to assist you.

Tatjana Vukicevic
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 26 May 2018

This is a very very large resort, perfect for families but they also have a separate section with executive rooms and private lounge with no children more suitable for adult couples.

The rooms are good size but ooohhhh….SO 1990’s in décor. Time has been standing still! We are surprised that the operator, SPG group, is not requiring the owners to upgrade and modernize!!

The hotel is marketing its self as a 5* resort but, having travelled around the world, this is how a perfect 4* resort should be, very well-maintained and all facilities in working condition but lacking the luxury feel you expect in a 5* hotel. The executive lounge and the buffet restaurant are more like cafeterias than restaurants and lounge. The lounge has six inside tables for breakfast, catering to 40 rooms! The staff is very helpful, friendly and accommodating.

The location is close to the night-life but you are not disturbed by any of that. Quite windy and far from Valletta.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravellerMan72
Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

My husband and I recently stayed at the Westin Dragonara and we had a lovely time.

We were upgraded to a junior suite and received a bottle of bubbly in our room on arrival. We had a small problem with noisy air con and the staff were immediately on the case and we moved to the newer wing where the rooms were perfect.

The friendly doorman and duty managers always checked to see how our stay was going, and offered lots of advice about places to visit.

My only fault was the pool service - I’ve stayed at other Westin hotels in Mauritius and Doha and there were staff walking around taking orders, they would also come round with complimentary fruit and would put your towel on a lounger for you when you arrived - this wasn’t the case here, you had to go to the pool bar to get a drink/food. I don’t mind doing this at all but I wouldn’t say it’s a 5* service, especially when some of the rooms are €700-1200/night!!

Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple