5,380 results
All reviewsblue elephantquarterdeck barthe executive loungeoceana restaurantmarina viewbeach clubportomaso marinaexcellent hotelduty managermain poolmain restaurantlarge balconyst juliansoverlooking the seapublic areaslarge hotelmini bar
Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

We arrived on Saturday evening, checked into our very spacious room and then went for something to eat. On Saturdays and Wednesdays the hotel puts on a buffet (usually €35 for adults, €10 for children) which is sumptuous. Dozens of different, usual and unusual dishes in each of the categories: canapés, starters, main meals and desserts. The hotel also has a wide ranging wine list, which caters for all budgets, and which isn’t too long either. The Chilean Chenin Blanc is our favourite. The Valentine’s Day buffet was even bigger and had a lot of love-themed dishes. It was more expensive (€65 per adult) but it came with a glass of prosecco and small bottle of sparkling wine too). Again, a very special meal for a very special occasion. Highly recommended and the hotel is well worth all of its 5 stars.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled with family
Robert V, Duty Manager at Hilton Malta, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Dear AndyJackson,

Thank you very much for staying at the Hilton Malta and taking a moment to share feedback on your stay with other travellers.

I am delighted to see that overall you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that you had a wonderful overall experience in our hotel.

We are also grateful to receive your comments regarding the Oceania restaurant and you enjoyed Valentine’s Day buffet. Our team takes great pride in your feedback and all your comments.

Thank you for recommending us so highly and looking forward to welcome you back again soon! Until then, on the behalf of everyone at Hilton Malta, I wish you all the best.

Robert Vella
Duty Manager

Reviewed 14 February 2018

The Hilton Malta is an excellent hotel. They really strive to make everything perfect for the guests. The hotel itself is large, with a number of restaurants, bars, pools, outdoor balcony areas etc. The Executive Lounge is excellent, and the offerings (food and drinks) each day were perfect, the service in the lounge is also terrific, and a special mention to Tanja and John who were wonderfully friendly and professional and did everything possible to make our time in the Exec Lounge a great experience - they are both a credit to the Hilton Group.

The rooms are immaculate, and very clean. Housekeeping does an excellent job, and the rooms are attended to a number of times per day where required. The hallways and the hotel itself is also pristinely clean and well maintained. We stayed in an Executive Room on the 10th floor, the balconies are very small, not balconies that you would sunbathe on, but there is plenty of space at the pool areas.

There are other amenities at the hotel - gym, hair salon, etc. All excellent.

The location of the hotel is in St Julians, plenty close by - bars and restuarants, and the tallest tower in Malta is right next door, and a marina, there is also a shopping mall about a 10 minute walk away with shops and a hard rock cafe! The tour bus for the island stops right beside the hotel, this is must do, as there is plenty to see in Malta - cost is €20 for one trip - there are 2 options, north and south trip, to be done over 2 days.

If you are travelling to Malta, look no further, the Hilton Malta is most definately the place to stay.

10/10

Room Tip: King Executive Room
2  Thank vanillaicecream6
Marika_121, Duty Manager at Hilton Malta, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Dear vanillaicream6,

Thank you very much for staying at the Hilton Malta and taking a moment to share you feedback on your stay with other travellers.
We are pleased to hear you were very wowed by our hotel and found our staff very friendly and helpful. Our team takes great pride in your feedback and all your comments.
Thank you for recommending us so highly and hope that you have the opportunity to come and stay with us again soon. Until then, on the behalf of everyone at Hilton Malta, I wish you all the best!

Kind Regards,
Marika Caruana Smith – Duty Manager

Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

Was there for a business conference, in have arrived early before noon and they checked me in no time.
Nice location overlooking the Mediterranean in a commercial area with a lot of shops restaurants and coffee shops.

Friendly, helpful and pleasant staff - honestly all the Maltese I met were pleasant and nice - and the housekeeping service was good and quick, except one time I have called twice for someone to pick my laundry but they didn't show up so I had to take it down with me to the reception since I had to leave.
Also I had a simple request for my room bit i had to remind them about it every day.

The cleanses of the room was very good and the bed was comfy but the bathroom class was 90% which was not acceptable for me specially in a such 5 stars hotel.

The breakfast was good with big buffet variety.
The lunch buffet was just ok to pass the day.
The blue Elephant Thai restaurant was really dissaponting! Friendly service but the food wasn't delicious at all. It's not recommended.

Anyway it's still a recommended hotel in Malta!

Stayed: February 2018, traveled on business
Robert V, Manager at Hilton Malta, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

Dear Abdul Hamid M,

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay and that you had a wonderful overall experience in our hotel and found our team members friendly, helpful and pleasant. Our team takes great pride in your feedback and all your comments.

We are also grateful to receive your comments. I have shared these comments with my team. I would like to assure you that we greatly appreciate comments from our guests as these enable us to make improvements in everything we do, whenever and wherever possible.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future. Until then, on the behalf of everyone at Hilton Malta, I wish you all the best.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

We have stayed here quote a lot and will always try and stay here if the rates are affordable/

We were desperate for a few days peace and quiet as we have had builders in our home for months who were often turning up at 7,30am.

We were given a marina room (which is fine) but on our first morning there was lots of noise, quite early from building work going on.

We did ask to move to somewhere quieter and they very kindly moved us to a room facing the sea.

This was great apart from the fact that there was a dripping / clicking sound coming from the air conditioner that was highly annoying.

I reported this to the duty manager when leaving the hotel but came back to find it still clicking. The next day I reported it again, On arriving back late in the evening but it was still clicking. It took me reporting this three times before it was actually repaired.

So four nights. Woken early on first morning. Plagued by clicking king for the next two nights and not getting a decent nights sleep. Only on the last night did we get a good nights sleep. Not really very happy about this.

The breakfast is fantastic and staff in the Oceana are brilliant.

The housekeeping lady for our room was also lovely.

We will go back as it is still the best hotel in Malta but it is really frustrating as we did not get the rest that we so needed.

1  Thank UKsouthwest
Robert V, Duty Manager at Hilton Malta, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2018

Dear UKsouthwest,

Thank you very much for staying with us once again and taking a moment to share feedback on your stay with other travelers.

I can see through your review that we may not have fully met your expectations and that we could have provided a better overall experience during your stay in our hotel.

We are also grateful to receive your comments with regards the staff and breakfast Oceana restaurant. We are continuously striving to achieve service excellence and with such feedback we can address shortfalls and improve our quality. Be assured that I made a note of your remarks and have cascaded them to the appropriate heads of departments.

At Hilton Malta, we consider guest satisfaction to be of a paramount importance and I hope you will give us the opportunity to rectify.

Kindly contact me either via e-mail or by telephone once your future booking is made as I would like to personally look into the reservation for you and make sure not only to meet but exceed your expectations.

I truly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again at the Hilton Malta.

Robert Vella
Duty Manager

Reviewed 12 February 2018

The Hilton Malta is in a beautiful location, overlooking the Meditteranean and the pretty Portomaso Marina in St Julians. It is very close to the shops and many lovely restaurants. Recent renovations have given this hotel a contemporary style with fresh, clean ocean colours of whites, greens and blues. The Vista lobby is modern and welcoming, with plenty of comfortable seating, a cafe/bar, serving a great selection of delicious food and drinks, with excellent service. It has large glass windows that overlook the outdoor pool and the sea.
The front desk was warm, friendly and efficient, and we were fortunate enough to be checked in early, which was very much appreciated.
We were allocated room 315 which was very quiet, with a lovely balcony overlooking Portomaso Marina and the sea. It had a large, comfortable, super king size bed with fresh white linen. There was also an option for specialised pillows (at an extra cost). There were two closets with plenty of storage and a lovely couch, coffee table and dining table. The bathroom was huge and had a large wetroom shower, with Peter Thomas Roth toiletries. However this room, had no bath.
On our first morning at the Hilton, we received a phone to call, to ask us when it would be convenient to clean our room which was wonderful.
Breakfast is served at the Oceana Restaurant, with beautiful views across the Mediterranean. The buffet was exceptional, and had an amazing selection of quality fresh foods, for all diets, gluten free included. The staff were attentive and served water, juices, tea and coffee of your choice.
There was an amazing gym, with personal trainers, quality workout machines, weights, spinning, yoga/pilates rooms, two squash courts and a spa. All classes are free to guests. This is the best gym we have experienced in any hotel, during our travels around the world.
We chose the Hilton, because we wanted a short relaxing break in Malta and the Hilton delivered. We could have quite easily stayed in the hotel without going out. We found the staff exceptional, the facilities perfect for what we wanted and it was in a central location, only 20 minutes from the airport.

Room Tip: Some rooms only have a shower and no bath.

Dear stephiepepsi,

Thank you very much for staying at the Hilton Malta and taking a moment to share feedback on your stay with other travelers.

I am delighted to see you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that you had a wonderful overall experience in our hotel. Our team takes great pride in your feedback and all your comments.

Kind Regards,