“Pricey Original sushi”

Kazu Japanese restaurant
Ranked #12 of 38 Restaurants in Nagoya
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 14 July 2016 via mobile

The only reason why i choose very glod over excellent is because of the prices. For locals it's pretty expensive but if you love japanese food like me then it's a "must eat" location. The sushi they made are original sushi and some fusion. Very authentic even with the design of the place. It's really unique. The food itself is very good.

1  Thank Badtzuboy

Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

I was here to have lunch with my guest from Japan.

The food is not so called authentic japanese food, more into fusion japanese food.

The freshness of the food is great and the price is reasonable.

They also have wide range of sake option.

Reviewed 5 October 2014

Variety is pretty good, Sashimi makes it really worth while. and for the price its quite a good deal in Batam. This Jap Restaurant is probably the best one in Batam.

3  Thank Mary L
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Let me first state that this is a "Fine Dining" restaurant.

It is definitely not a typical Japanese franchise chain which serves mass produced Japanese lookalike food!

What you get here is very similar to those of the real fine dining Japanese Restaurants like the old Unkai in Singapore or those in Japan.

The salmon sashimi is perfect, the miso is flavourful (not those you get from instant sachets) The sake collection is also amazing!!

A simple way to gauge how real and authentic the food here is, is to look at the number of very please and satisfied Japanese (probably expats and/or tourist). I guess they are the best judge for the food themselves.

Service is top notch, with really team of service staff. Atmosphere...hmmm.... makes me wonder if i'm really in Japan.....

On a whole, I just can't praise this place enough, and will definitely make it a point to return to Batam even just to visit this restaurant!!

Please note again that this is a FINE DINING Restaurant, so don't be surprised that they charge in Singapore Dollar and you can't possibly pay in Rupiah to justify the quality of the food. Even then the food are really way cheaper than many chain franchise Japanese outlets. To be fair, Kazu should not even be made into comparison with likes of IchiBan-Boshi, Sakae or Sushi Tei.... They are not even close.

I believe many who have been here would agree that this place definitely deserves Michelin Star ratings!!

2  Thank Clarence C
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

As part of my batam trip, my good friend working there brought me to Kazu as it was my birthday. I was wowed by the private rooms and the whole place was 'different' from the other restaurants that we have been in batam. To die for is the thickly sliced juicy fresh salmon sashimi which was even better than the ones we had in Singapore, which was a surprise. Price although comparable,
quality and amount is definitely much better. We also had sukiyaki which filled the whole room with delicious aroma and tasted great too. Sushi,tempura etc, all food ordered tasted good...price in my opinion is very reasonable for the amount and ambience. Worth it! We will be back!!!

1  Thank Coralie8