See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 6 August 2018

It was one station on our family trip. The crew was very motivated and the breakfast was diversified. We booked an apartment. It`s right the best for families. Highly recommended. Wir kommen gerne wieder.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank rbernd167785
Reviewed 5 November 2017

There are not so many accommodations to choose from in Bø. Therefore, it is even more pleasing that the hotel offers good service and extends as far as they can to provide you with a good stay.
Did not get that strong impression of the restaurant as it was empty for people. Also, it closed at 21 o'clock. So we chose to go somewhere else to have dinner. The hotel is recommended.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2017

I got a old room, that was terrible.
Windows fell apart, when opened.
Bed was completely worn out.
Only narrow single beds.
They say that the new rooms are better, but all where taken.
Showers had curtains, that attack your body when showering.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Ottar L, Salgssjef at Bo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Hi!

Thank you for your feedback, it is of great help to us in the development of the hotel and our product. We can inform you that we are continuously renovating rooms, and that of 64 rooms, 24 are upgraded in 2006 and 19 in the last 3 years. And this winter we upgrade 4 more.

Hope we can welcome you again on another occasion, in a newly refurbished room.

Best regards
Ottar, Sales and marketing Bø Hotell

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

I have stayed in hotels all over the world. This is on my "top 5" worst experiences.

The short version:
- The most dirty rooms I have ever stayed in
- Loose electrical wires everywhere
- The carpet in the room is so full of stains and dirty that you should where shoes
- The room has a "old" moldy smell
- Furniture is probably 30 years old and has lot of marked after cigarettes
- Would never, ever stayed here with my family
- Absoluty NOT worth the money
Stayed here for a weekend in a double room with twin beds.
The hotel has a small pool, a ok reception area and looks ok from the outside but when I checked in. I was told a got an upgrade since I was moved into the main hotel. It was I when got the key to my room and was pointed in to direction the nightmare began.
Half of the hotel has never been renovated since the opening (40 years ago)
Entering into the corridor you could feel the moist atmosphere.
Cables hanging loose from the ceiling and the walls. Openings in the ceiling so that you could se the pipes and isolation.
Then I entered the room, with the dirtiest carpet I have ever seen, burning marks on the sofa, damage lights and radio. And with furniture 30-40 years old.
The rooms has probably not been renovated since the hotel opened 40-50 years ago.
If I had been here with my wife and children I would rather slept in the car than brought them here.
The hotel was packed so there was no possibility to change room. This was probably because of the local football tournament and the water park attraction.
We was offered a dinner buffet when we arrived. It cost € 38 and you would probably get better food at the local gas station.
The breakfast was ok, it was bread, ham and son jam.
So my advice is PLEASE find another hotel. There are plenty more options in the area. For us this was the only one available but next time. I would rather sleep on the floor in the classroom at the local school with the football team. Anything would be better than this.

Date of stay: June 2017
Ottar L, Sales and marketingmanager at Bo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2017

Hi, I'm so sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience. That was truly not our intention. We greatly appreciate your feedback, and I hope you do give us the chance to make it right!

You probably got one of our oldest rooms. We have 64 rooms in the hotel, where 51 of the rooms were upgraded in 2006, 2015, 2016 and 2017. We have a plan for upgrading rest of the 15 rooms in the near future. And we are just finished upgrading two rooms and we start with two new in a short time.

When it comes to loose cables and wires, you're absolutely right. We have launched a full review of all areas to correct this.

I hope that you don’t judge the entire hotel by this one experience. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any comments or questions.

Thanks again for you feedback.

Sincerely
Ottar, Bø Hotell
marked@bohotell.no

Reviewed 5 May 2016 via mobile

This hotel is very near to the college at Bø. Very beautiful scenery and landscape.
It has swimming pool but we found the pool was closed in May. A great dinning hall and a bar inside the hotel. Drinks prices are reasonable.

This hotel is situated in middle of the city and can be accessed easily by foot.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Mette Karine S, Sales and marketing at Bo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2016

Hello,
and thank you so much for your review!

Welcome back next time.