3 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 17/05/21
eDreamsUS$226
Booking.comUS$226
PricelineUS$266
All reviews island resort infinity pool cold towels surely comeback min ride honeymoon villa twin lagoon f b secluded private spa norbert maldives sunset paradise palawan tours luxury
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 February 2021 via mobile

We’ve cancelled our reservation prior to the Pandemic and qualified for a refund as we’ve cancelled a month before.
It’s been a year that I keep on chasing the refund and havent got it yet as they keep on saying they are delayed in refund timeline.

I have found out that they resume their operation however no one is contacting me.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2021

The service was absolutely amazing! Upon arriving in Palawan, I tripped and sprained my ankle. I couldn't stand, let alone walk so I was really nervous how the trip would be seeing I'd have to go on a boat and we'd be on an island.

Once we arrived in SETIR, we were greeted by the staff and while the island isn't exactly wheelchair friendly, they went above and beyond to make me as comfortable as possible. They had to carry me up and down several staircases (I'm not the lightest person) and the nurse would regularly check in on me and see how my ankle was doing. Even the F&B team would help me get to my seat at whichever wonderful location we'd be in for our meals. Everyone I met with knew of my injury and really went out of their way to assist me.

I would normally be left alone in the room (which I honestly didn't mind because their rooms are very nice), so when it was time for my scheduled massage, I was by the balcony resting and Pedro came in to assist me from getting into the wheelchair and driving me to the spa. The Spa ladies were also very very helpful! I had a 2-hour massage booked and I needed to use the restroom before we started. The ladies at the spa were very patient and helpful with me as they assisted me in getting to the restroom. The massage was great as well!

The F&B Team was also so helpful and kind. Jason, Gary, Norbert, Chef Jason, Noreen and the rest of the team were so nice and caring. Always checking in on me and making sure I was comfortable.

The food was also amazing! Each meal was so thoughtfully planned out by the F&B Team and was so memorable. My family and I felt so cared for and it was such an amazing experience. Already planning our trip back!

Date of stay: January 2021
Reviewed 31 December 2020

I visited SETIR mainly for work during the Christmas season, and the trip was everything I expected and more. I was given a studio villa that was over water and offered epic sunset views! But my top highlights from the entire trip would have to be:

1) The food. This was one of those trips where I can say "walang tapon" or everything was just great when it comes to the meals that were served to us, from breakfast to dinner. Both Sun Cafe and Island Garden offer a great warm and airy ambiance that will invite you not just to eat, but to hang out and admire views of Culion's natural attractions.

2) The staff. Until now, I still get emotional recalling every encounter I had with SETIR's team who treated us so well. It was super refreshing coming from a city where I'd gotten used to dealing with grumpy people every time I go out. At SETIR, everyone really felt like family. I would especially like to mention Jase/Jason from the F&B team, who would always drop by our table to check on us and took care of all our requests. He's the best! Then there's Margaret, Ronnie, and Eileen who showed and told us everything we wanted to know about the resort. Mark and Peter (aka The Seatbelt guys), who patiently waited for us and picked us up from our villas when we went out. Niño (The Surfer) for accompanying us to Coron for our island hopping tour and made sure we were safe all the way. Michelle, Joana, Ruel, and Norbert (The Shotglass/Sparkle people), who always readily assisted us at the restaurants especially since my companions and I would often be the last ones to dine and leave.

Overall, thank you SETIR for giving us a holiday to remember especially during these difficult times! I truly hope to visit the resort and see its amazing team again soon. Also, I can't wait to write about my entire stay in detail because I have so much feels from my stay. Great job and keep up the good work, SETIR! - Joser, TripZilla

Room tip: Both sides of the island offer great views of the ocean, it's up to you whether you prefer to be on the sunrise or sunset side.
Date of stay: December 2020
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 20 March 2020 via mobile

The communication was great on email and we were so looking forward to our stay there.
Everything was impressive at first as soon as we landed and got in their van to their boat.
We got into our boat then we had to pick up 10 other people who were stranded with one of their other boat. Then we went approximately 20mins before our boat was not working ...then we had to switch to another boat and finally arrived to the resort secluded private island (the boat ride was over an hour when it was suppose to be like 40mins and it costed 1200pesos one way per person instead of complicated to take us to their resort)....but we figured it was our vacation and why not!

Then once we arrived to the resort we were given cold towels and some cheap beads ...what turned us off the most was the awful front desk lady trying to force the sale of the island tour A. She at first said because of corona virus not too many couples were staying there and we had to get a private boat tour to twin lagoon (when in coron of course we all have to go to twin lagoon!)
She said it was going to cost 12,000 Pesos which was approximately $240usd. My boyfriend was a little irritated then (remember we had to exchange boat3x)
So we said we would think about it.
Then we went to our room thank goodness room was amazing. We were hungry and we got transportation to the pool and ordered food and drinks (which we spent a fortune as well).
Omg their WiFi wasn’t working and I was really irritable...need to update social media! Lol
We had to wait for Internet security manager to fix my WiFi access...thank goodness for him after 20-25mins wait! Food didn’t come for another 15mins...took forever for food to come...we tried to get entertainment with the pool and the fruit shakes as well as beer.

We met some French people as friends and we asked them if we could go on tour A together..so we called the front desk and planned on the tour for the next day for 3500 pesos per person (remember they were gonna charge us 12000 pesos that morning we got in)
Wow ...shady! Definitely shady right!

The tour was great and we had room service for dinner with our stay. Breakfast we had only for one day on day 2. The workers servers were sweet. I asked if i could get some (8) hard boiled eggs for my tour lunch as an alternative because these tours provide complete fish/seafood lunch which I am not a fan of.
We waited 45 mins and the waiter came back and asked if i still wanted it. I said yes please.
We waited another 25 mins and I asked where were my eggs?
Then he said still cooking and gave me a bill for 1200 pesos=$24usd.
Wow what the heck?!! Oh the gift shop was selling 10-18karat gold earrings and rings from 2500 to 5000pesos.
Does it make sense for 8 hard boiled eggs to cost 1200 pesos when their gold jewelry costed 2500 pesos!
So we cancelled the order which they have not cooked yet. (Lunch at tour I ate rice and some chicken..okay but not great)

We were there 2 nights and checked out quite early so we could catch the boat at 0600 out of the island.
We settled our bill the night before and paid outrageous amount of approx 450$usd when our hotel was $550usd. Can’t remember the exact number but it was some outrageous numbers I quoted.
So that morning we were greatly offended as we waited to check out at 0600 they sent an inexperienced bellMan to check the fridge if we had used any drinks or water.
Mind u...we paid for dinner in cash and we paid what we had used..dinner we ordered beer and drinks ...
Then the front desk lady accused us of drinking the beers and vodka? Wtf wow we were offended and reminded her that we had bought vodka and beer with our dinner.
Geez this resort is super paranoid and not respectful of their guests.
If we had the money to stay with them and paid all our bills why would they disrespect us!
Not recommending this place ever to our friends or enemy.
It is not worth it! Don’t do it! The only recommendation we have for this place was the spa! The cupping and hot stone massage was out of this world!

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank shintaanderson
Reviewed 18 March 2020 via mobile

Very charming island, you feel like you are alone on this tiny island. Beaches are beautiful, swimming pool is awesome and the staff are very helpful, very polite and always at your disposal for any request. Breakfast buffet is amazing by the way....

Date of stay: March 2020