“One out of the old fashioned Hotels”
Review of Rosedale Hotel

Ranked #7 of 9 Restaurants in Rosedale
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed 31 October 2015

Friendly happy people
Huge meals, I honestly could not eat it all, too much on my plate
I like lemon squash and that's what I got in a chilled glass
Surroundings very family orientated but that means children, singles, couples and families all age groups welcomed
My girlfriends and I had a fab time there

Reviewed 25 February 2015

We drove through Rosedale on the way back to Melbourne from Metung. We were hungry and came across the Rosedale Hotel - an old style pub in this tiny little town. Behind the bar was Effie, a charming old Greek lady who was in charge for the day. We asked her if we could have something to eat and she gave us a list of delicious items - most made from food grown in her garden. We settled on pumpkin soup (home-grown and home-made), chips and a couple of drinks. We only had $25 but she said "no worries - that's OK". The food was sublime - I can't describe the soup - paler than you would expect and not pureed but absolutely delicious. The chips had oregano and salt on them and were hand-cut. She showed us round her veggie garden and sent us on our way. It's brilliant. Make the detour. And say hello to Effie.