“afternoon tea”

Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Rosedale
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 9 May 2017

A pleasant afternoon, with a delicous high tea for our group.
Staff were very attentive and friendly- would go back for a lunch visit

Reviewed 9 May 2017

My friend took me out to lunch at this lovely destination. I had driven past the Tea Rooms countless times before. When he suggested we go here, I had an image of the old bakery in Rosedale or the Pub. I went along with his suggestion as it was his turn to choose. What a great surprise!

So, we ordered and chose to sit in the available Garden seats in the warm Autumn Sun. The seats were a bit hard. The food was excellent Aussie style options. I can heartily recommend The Ploughman's Lunch . Made of exquisite local products with very generous serves. Plenty to take home, too.

The serve was a bit slow, but certainly not a problem as some previous reviewers have noted. I do wish I had discovered this place sooner. And, I do heartily recommend it to you. Great value for money.An awsowe garden setting for a very good value for money Autumn Lunch

Reviewed 5 April 2017 via mobile

Out the back, under the Chinese Elm, in the courtyard , is a delightful place to stop. The scones came with real jam and cream and more than enough to smother the two enormous scones. Highly recommended !

Reviewed 23 March 2017

Just happened on this place on our road trip. It is delightful. Lovely gardens and very nice staff. I am a bit of a connoisseur of scones and these were wonderful with the best raspberry jam I have ever tasted. Had friends who were travelling the same route the following day, so messaged them to recommend. They too were impressed.

Reviewed 20 March 2017

Dropped in for lunch last Thursday. The restaurant had one table with 6 people, who were ordering as we came in. Decor is nice and the garden is lovely. Service was atrocious. We ordered and waited....and waited...and waited! The table of 6 was loud and raucous, but got their meals well before us. After an hour sitting on extremely uncomfortable hard chairs, our meals finally appeared. Given that 2 out of 3 were Ploughman's Lunch, it seemed a tad slow! We asked for the drinks we had ordered and were told, "That's next", rather brusquely. Food was very ordinary and none of us finished. Will not be returning.