“Disappointed”
Review of Rosedale Bakery

Rosedale Bakery
Ranked #4 of 10 Restaurants in Rosedale
Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

We travel from Lakes Entrance to Melb on a regular basis and generally stop at Rosedale Bakery for a coffee break, however, the food is good, the toilets leave a lot to be desired. Ladies’ on previous visit light not working, try peeing in the dark, good news, light has been fixed. No toilet roll holder. Men’s toilet I am told, no toilet roll holder, paper towel available but not placed in towel holder just sits on basin. A little bit of maintenance & love would go a long way.

1  Thank Cathy L

Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

We stopped in on the way to Melbourne to get a bite to eat. Very nice place full of wood statues, and carvings.
The service is first class and the food very fresh and tasty.so happy we stopped and would call again

Reviewed 3 January 2018

We occasionally travel through Rosedale and usually eat elsewhere but this time we thought we would try the bakery ( I had not read the reviews)

Today, I made a special effort to logon on to review this bakery because we were so impressed with the service and food - and I was surprised to read the previous reviews.

We arrived near lunchtime on Boxing day and the queue was back to the door - and we though "oh, no" - but we rapidly progressed to the counter where the pleasant young girl serving took and then read back our orders to confirm ( impressed us) and explained how they operated. The food and cakes and teas/coffee were promptly provided on a production line basis.

They were certainly very busy and had no time chat.

I cannot believe the other reviews regarding customer service. Either the staff mentioned in the previous reviews have changed temporarily or permanently - or maybe it is a case of different expectations.

We will certainly be going back for a second time - we prefer pleasant, efficient and good food rather than a chat - or waiting while the staff chat to other customers.

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

The hardest place I've ever had to review given the bakery food is fantastic from the sausage rolls, pies, donuts and spinach & ricotta rolls to the sour dough bread just great.

Unfortunately the staff serving (more the older ladies) are appallingly rude. It's staggering if you don't want to work there don't. For the food a great drop in.

1  Thank DShalders
Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

Some of the rudest people I have dealt with.
Will not be stopping in once a week like I use to.
It must have changed management as there is is huge difference in service and quality.

1  Thank Balifreakfromaussie