“Good Place”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Currimao
Manila, Philippines
“Good Place”
Reviewed April 6, 2017

Came here to start the summer, loved the sunset, great place to take pictures. Also love the food, and those little huts where you eat are nice. All in all, it was good, rooms are nice. The pool was a bit dirty, but its still nice for pictures. Free breakfast is good and the free massage was great.

• Stayed March 2017, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Reviewed March 23, 2017 via mobile

Very beautiful place to spend same time with grill friend. People are kind place is beautiful.
Hotel room is clean with air conditioning.
Beer is cold
I'm happy on this place
I could stay here many days to relax

Stayed March 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2017 via mobile

My family of 25 pax arrived @ this resort on March 2, 2017 around 7pm; the hotel looked like it was deserted because there were no other guests but us. We booked 7 rooms & all 7 rooms were disgusting - old & musty, infested with mosquitoes we literally Baigon sprayed room. It was dark when we checked the view of the beach so we thought we'll wait for sunrise; but we could see the swimming pool & OMG! the water was cloudy and the swimming floor & walls were stained. We asked the staff why was the swimming pool in terrible shape, they said "We were busy this afternoon but we always clean it after 9pm." Nonetheless, we had dinner @ the hotel restaurant & stayed for the night. Next day, my sister was knocking @ every door yelling "We're leaving this place!" The sun was up so I could see the view - the beach was as dark as the sand & the swimming pool was filthy, cloudy & stained. So we packed & left & drive to Pagudpud. To add insult to the injury, half of my family got sick to their stomachs from the previous night's dinner, we believed the "sisig" that was served was spoiled. Bottomline, please don't stay here if you still value your vacation!

Stayed March 2017, traveled with family
1 Thank Jingjing W

Travelers are raving about these Currimao hotels

Reviewed March 19, 2017

I went here with my friends back in 2016. I was my friend who booked it and I think she got it discounted from Deal Grocer, I guess. I forgot but anyway, we stayed there and had a great time. The ambiance and the scenery was fantastic. The food is too big for us but it was good nonetheless. The beach wasn't to die for but you will enjoy the infinity pool. If you want massage, make sure to have a reservation ahead of time.

Room Tip: the villas are great!
  • Stayed June 2016, traveled with friends
San Fernando La Union, Philippines
Reviewed March 5, 2017

Dropped by for a single night of a long road trip.
Very nice resort and beach. Howeve there could be small improvements. Little things like the showers and other things need attention but it didnt ruin our stay. As is expected in the philippines.
The staff were very friendly and attentive. upon arrival the front desked asked if I would like my car washed after the long drive from manila. This was great because i was thinking i need to wash it before our next leg on the trip. Kudos to them for that.
All staff very kind as i mentioned.

Price was a little bit high i think.
I also notice after we booked that we could have booked through booking .com and save 1000 p. We did ask for the discounted rate but were told no.
I suggest booking online, even if one from your phone you could save 1k.

All in all. Nice place but could be better.

Room Tip: Book online and save 25% booking.com
  • Stayed February 2017, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Currimao
22.1 km away
Laoag Renzo Hotel
#2 of 12 in Laoag
17.9 km away
Fort Ilocandia Resort Hotel

Been to Playa Tropical Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Playa Tropical Resort Hotel

Property: Playa Tropical Resort Hotel
Address: Brgy. Victoria, Currimao, Luzon 2903, Philippines
Location: Philippines > Luzon > Ilocos Region > Ilocos Norte Province > Currimao
Bar / Lounge Beach Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Currimao
Price range (per night): ₱3,303 - ₱5,895
Hotel Class:4 star — Playa Tropical Resort Hotel 4*
Playa Tropical Resort Hotel is located at Currimao, Ilocos Norte, Philippines. It is aesthetically inspired by the intricate designs from Bali and infused with our Ilocano hospitality. Your stay would be one of warm service, tranquility and fond memories. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travel Book Philippines, Inc., Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Playa Tropical Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Playa Tropical Hotel Ilocos Norte