Playa Tropical Resort Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$55
Java Hotel(Laoag)
US$63
US$47
Agoda.com
All reviewsplaya tropicalinfinity poolnice placeroad tripilocos nortefloating hutsthe cottagesfree breakfastwedding partybalinese themeservice staffpaoay churchdays nightstheir policycooking skillspremier roomdiscounted rate
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 23, 2017 via mobile

Very beautiful place to spend same time with grill friend. People are kind place is beautiful.
Hotel room is clean with air conditioning.
Beer is cold
I'm happy on this place
I could stay here many days to relax

Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2017 via mobile

My family of 25 pax arrived @ this resort on March 2, 2017 around 7pm; the hotel looked like it was deserted because there were no other guests but us. We booked 7 rooms & all 7 rooms were disgusting - old & musty, infested with mosquitoes we literally Baigon sprayed room. It was dark when we checked the view of the beach so we thought we'll wait for sunrise; but we could see the swimming pool & OMG! the water was cloudy and the swimming floor & walls were stained. We asked the staff why was the swimming pool in terrible shape, they said "We were busy this afternoon but we always clean it after 9pm." Nonetheless, we had dinner @ the hotel restaurant & stayed for the night. Next day, my sister was knocking @ every door yelling "We're leaving this place!" The sun was up so I could see the view - the beach was as dark as the sand & the swimming pool was filthy, cloudy & stained. So we packed & left & drive to Pagudpud. To add insult to the injury, half of my family got sick to their stomachs from the previous night's dinner, we believed the "sisig" that was served was spoiled. Bottomline, please don't stay here if you still value your vacation!

Stayed: March 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Jingjing W
Reviewed March 19, 2017

I went here with my friends back in 2016. I was my friend who booked it and I think she got it discounted from Deal Grocer, I guess. I forgot but anyway, we stayed there and had a great time. The ambiance and the scenery was fantastic. The food is too big for us but it was good nonetheless. The beach wasn't to die for but you will enjoy the infinity pool. If you want massage, make sure to have a reservation ahead of time.

Room Tip: the villas are great!
  • Stayed: June 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 5, 2017

Dropped by for a single night of a long road trip.
Very nice resort and beach. Howeve there could be small improvements. Little things like the showers and other things need attention but it didnt ruin our stay. As is expected in the philippines.
The staff were very friendly and attentive. upon arrival the front desked asked if I would like my car washed after the long drive from manila. This was great because i was thinking i need to wash it before our next leg on the trip. Kudos to them for that.
All staff very kind as i mentioned.

Price was a little bit high i think.
I also notice after we booked that we could have booked through booking .com and save 1000 p. We did ask for the discounted rate but were told no.
I suggest booking online, even if one from your phone you could save 1k.

All in all. Nice place but could be better.

Room Tip: Book online and save 25% booking.com
  • Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2017 via mobile

Stayed at Playa for 8 days in a big group of 21 people. We had rooms on the first floor. The rooms are fine in standard. Its a not a room you wanna stay in for hours but is okay for just sleeping. We experienced some difficulties with the shower which needed some repair.

The resort is designed to perfection and really suits people that wanna have a nice and quiet time to relax. The pool area is nice and the pool is huge and looks nice, however the lack of drainage worried me a bit and my son did experience a few stomach aches. I suspect the water in the pool for causing this as this is where he spent most of his time. I swam a lot myself and did notice some green algea on the side of the infant pool.

The staff is what makes me rate the resort 4 out of 5. I have travelled a lot throughout the years and this is by far the friendliest and most helpful staff I have ever come across. The service in the restaurant is amazing. They always got it right and even remembered what I like for breakfast after day one asked me every morning if I wanted it again. They are very humble in everyway and truly appreciates a kind attitude towards them as well. Always willing to go the extra mile for their guests.

The hotel lacks a pool bar with music and visible alcohol/spirits, however this would also influence on the resorts current tranquil athmosphere.

I can defintely recommend a stay with Playa Tropical resort and Ilocos Norte in general. Great place amazing staff!!!!

Stayed: February 2017, traveled with family