“Staff are horrible”

Add it.
Waihemo Lodge Hotel
Ranked #4 of 5 Restaurants in Palmerston
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Great locals, great food .... horrible bar/hotel staff and even worst accomodation.

Rooms wet, damp and cold ...
Bar staff rude, un welcoming and unattentive.

Was hastled by duty manager and accused for smokong in my room... i do not smoke. She repeated this 2 more times threatening that i would be sleeping outside if she smells smoke in my room. Which apperently she could... feeling i was being harrassed i left my travel party there and resided elsewhere for the night... in thw morning on my return to retrieve my travel party the same duty manager had her finger pointing at me angrily saying she had to have words with me .

I didnt appreciate this nonsense as i had already paid for a room i didnt sleep in and was accused of doing something i didnt . I cursed her out and turned my back on the place.

If your bar wasnt warm and the locals inviting your establishment would be a mockery lucky for the locals ... good bunch of old boys.

1  Thank hotelmorelholidayinn

Reviewed 29 January 2017

The huts at the back of the hotel are about $60 and they are fine. Youy will get a good feed for $20. Internet is fine within the hotel in the restaurant room, and free,

Reviewed 8 January 2017

Great environment to put on a meal for a large number of people....
We had the pub prepare a buffet for 70 and it was totally superb....amazing food...well presented...great service....really awesome...
Have been back since then and just had a couple of drinks in the bar and the service was awesome....
Recommended

Reviewed 25 April 2016

New owners at this Hotel, lovely food and very friendly staff. Even have a Poky Room and covered access outside if you wish to smoke.

Reviewed 21 March 2016

Friendly, good beer just taken over by new management when we visited in January. Meals were good pub food!