“Brilliant”

Keswick Extreme Outdoor Activities
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Staff friendly, safe and fun! Activities are worth the money and allow you to see more of the Lake District. Can be changed depending on your ability. Will definitely return!

All reviews
"great fun"
in 12 reviews
"waterproof camera"
in 2 reviews
"rock climbing and abseiling"
"stag do"
in 3 reviews
"sean"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed February 26, 2018

Stag do. 18 guys. Amazing time! Everybody said how much fun they had, even in the freezing cold ghyll scramble. The guys at Keswick Extreme know their stuff and we couldn't have asked for better!

Reviewed November 21, 2017 via mobile

My son's did the rock climbing and abseiling. They had an absolutely fantastic time. The instructors were wonderful and I had total confidence in them to let my children back up off a cliff!

A TripAdvisor Member
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 25, 2017 via mobile

My girlfriend and I have just finished the ghyll scrambling and felt obliged to write a review to say what a brilliant time we had and how much we would both recommend it.

Sean, who led the activity, was extremely friendly and up for a laugh but at the same time, very informative and made sure everyone was safe.

The route down the ghyll was varied with different jumps, slides, scrambles and dunks along the way - all fun and testing, but at the right level.

All in all, a memorable and laugh-filled afternoon.

See more reviews
Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

Myself and a family member booked the Via Feratta activity for a Sunday morning to celebrate my 40th birthday. We set off with a small bus journey to the start of our adventure. After a thorough safety talk and check of the equipment we headed in through a narrow mine shaft ready for the climb. We began with a small climb down a ladder with amazing views below us. We then proceeded across a small trevass for a climb further and further up. We then eventually reached the rope bridge 1000ft above. This part was by far the most exhilarating part of the whole experience, made all the more exciting by the cross winds and sweeping rain. After the bridge we had to climb further and further up the side of the mountain before a climb up a cargo net and over a slight overhang onto a ladder ready for the final ascent to the peak of Fleetwith Pike.

I don't think a superlative has yet been invented to describe this experience. This is by far the most fun I've had since losing my virginity in the back of an old escort (Ford) not a paid for lady of the night, btw. The extreme conditions made the experience much more exhilarating and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

I would definitely recommend a full change of clothes as advised, because you will get wet.

Special mention th Shaun our guide for the day who added some light hearted fun to the day. Thank you for a memorable experience and I'll be back again.