“Great coffee and super fast service”
Review of Halo espresso

Halo espresso
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed 16 October 2015

We stopped in here fo a quick lunch and coffee and were really impressed, I am very fussy about coffee and usually struggle to find a cafe that makes coffee I like but the coffee at halo was beautiful! We had a Mediterranean veg wrap for lunch which was really tasty and came out super quick! Definitely worth a stop if you are in the area.

1  Thank Jacqui F

Reviewed 30 September 2015

We visited this cafe last week for the first time and loved it! It's spacious with a range of high or low tables and a great atmosphere. The coffee and food were absolutely delicious and quite well priced. The menu is interesting with some great choices. The cakes and muffins looked absolutely delicious although we resisted!

The staff were really pleasant and the service was quick. The interesting thing about this cafe is that, according to the mural on the wall, 100% of the profits go to a charity that is fighting poverty! So, when you visit here, you actually end up helping those less fortunate in the world ... which left us with a good feeling! Definitely worth a visit!

Reviewed 20 September 2015 via mobile

Just a coffee comment as I didn't order any food. Have visited twice in a week after maybe a 2 year hiatus. Unlike 2 yrs ago the coffee now is really good. Had both dine in and takeaway and both were hot, strong enough and the service friendly.

1  Thank Gill G
Reviewed 1 September 2015

This is one of our fave places for breakfast in Angelo Street, but I must admit that this time I was a bit disappointed with my breakfast. I ordered the basic bacon and eggs and both the bacon and eggs were way overcooked. The bacon was crunchy hard crisp - so much so that I couldn't even cut it with a knife - big disappointment! I then tackled the eggs and they were lukewarm and rubbery. On a brighter note the toast was good as was the coffee.

Dear Chefs, when you ring the bell to announce the order is ready to be taken to the table, have a look at it and say to yourself - would I be happy receiving and eating that. I think you would'nt have enjoyed it. With so many places around and lots of competition for people's hard earned dollars, I would be making sure that the food put out wants to make the customer come back for more.

The service and the staff are just lovely and I guess this is one of the reasons that we like to go there. The cafe itself is really well set out and at the moment they are having a mural painted on one of the walls. Go check it out.

I'll give them one more go (everyone has bad days I guess) but if the food presented is like what I experienced, the 'friendship' will be over.

Hubby had the muesli and he seemed quite content eating it, so no complaints from him.

Watching the servings coming out for the other patrons, I can say that the servings are very generous indeed.

Reviewed 1 September 2015

Called on a Saturday morning at 10am with 4 other friends two weeks ago. . Coffees x 6 and breakfasts x 4. All coffees arrived after about 15 mins, but breakfasts didn't arrive until almost 40 mins later and then not all together. Unfortunately the quality of the food was way below what we expected and believed was reasonable for what we were paying. Presentation was very average. The staff were pleasant enough, but as is often the case these days, looked like it was their first day in the job. Decor is good but a very noisy place. The cafe/coffee house 2 doors down had young people lined up outside, as they do every Saturday and Sunday. I guess some people let their feet do the walking.