“Good, but a bit Uninspired”
Review of Miss Chow's

Miss Chow's
Ranked #39 of 68 Restaurants in South Perth
Description: Come and experience dining at one of Perth’s best dumpling houses and modern Asian eateries in either our Claremont Quarter, South Perth or Whitford City location. We offer succulent dumplings, along with a full menu of all your favourite Asian meals with a modern twist. Our Asian fusion dessert menu offers unique and tantalising creations to soothe that sweet tooth craving.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

It took me a while to put my finger on why this is a 4/5 and not a 5/5 when everything was otherwise good.

The food was all really tasty. We had the Peking duck, fried chicken, crispy pork dumplings, steamed chicken and mushroom dumplings, fried prawn wontons and Asian vegetables. Everything was delicious, and the service was fast and pleasant.

However, while everything was good, nothing was extraordinary. I've been to Asian tapas/small plates places where the food has been different, exciting, and blow-you-away amazing. There wasn't really anything like that on the Miss Chow's menu. I probably wouldn't go back for this reason as I feel like there's nothing that I can't get just as good at other places.

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (48)

Reviewed 14 August 2021

We had previously eaten at the Claremont restaurant and whilst on the pricey side we were happy with service an food however the South Perth restaurant is obviously hoping to daze you with the view when serving the meals. The average prices for a plate is $30 and the servings are minute and lacking any vegetables. A average quality wine $16 a glass was also a rip off with a bottle being $60. The service was good but not certainly matching fine dining prices being paid. I hate being ripped off.

We live in the area and certainly will NOT be supporting this local restaurant.

Date of visit: August 2021
Reviewed 16 July 2021

Typically overpriced location restaurant. Unbelievably ordinary Chinese food -however lovely presentation and fitout in great riverside setting. Overpriced limited wine/beer list. Great staff although I'm not sure why the waitress thinks my name is 'darling'. Conclusion: glamorous & little substance.

Date of visit: July 2021
Reviewed 11 July 2021

$20 for four dumplings and $30 for noodles the same quantity as two minute packet noodles! I’m sorry miss chows, but you have really gone down hill! You used to be our go to for a special dinner with friends, but unfortunately no longer! If you want to splurge and enjoy a nice meal, look elsewhere.

The fried rice had no flavour, intact I started using leftover sauces from the entre to add flavour, which was still average.

We actually all ended up going somewhere else after to feed the boys who after spending $80 on food per person, were still hungry!!

Miss chows, you need to take these reviews seriously and make some changes if you want to maintain your reputation.

Date of visit: July 2021
Reviewed 19 June 2021

Saturday 6pm sweet & sour pork with special fried rice and baked barramundi washed down with a bottle of Amy’s cab sav was outstanding quality for reasonable price

Date of visit: June 2021