1,577 results
All reviewsthe rivermain buildingjimbaran bayriverfront villalily pondspa villasduplex suiteplunge poolkids clubvillage walkour honeymoonayung terracebike ridecycling tourriverside cafeoutdoor showermoment you arrive
Reviewed 1 April 2018

This Four Seasons property it's located in a beautiful part of Ubud and the views and proximity by the holy river turns everything into magic!
The spa can't be missed, trust me, it's very special
The villa has a great size, the plunge pool is more than enough and the food is great!

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Sean M, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Sayan, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear Juliana G,
Thank you for taking the time to share your fond words regarding your recent stay with us. Nice to hear how much you enjoyed the unique setting and the magical Spa, indeed not to be missed.
We hope to welcome you back soon for more pampering and great food, thank you for saying so.
With warm regards,

Reviewed 31 March 2018

We had 2 suits with my family at this hotel. The hotel, it is absolutely breathtaking. The property is surrounded but nature and beautiful landscaping. The staff are very friendly and respectful.
Positives:
-Beautiful property with unbelievable views
-over the top service from staff
-spacious suites
-great bed and beddings.
-view, view , view

Negatives:
-overpriced
-food selection and restaurant choices
-customer service issues were not solved or attended

There was a mis-comminucation with our booking, as when i had called the property earlier, i was told on the phone that the rooms have breakfast included, but when i got there, i was told this information was false and we did not have breakfast. So we were told they are going to speak with the manager to see if he can offer breakfast to us for our stay. The same night, we had dinner at the Indonesian restaurant. Average price per plate was $25-50 aud. The food was very poor, the lobster had no meat in it, chicken had a funny taste and fish had skin attached and was very cold. We made a complaint, but nothing was offered to be replaced or taken off the bill. The next day i made a complaint to the management. We were offered 10% off the food, which we thought was not acceptable at a 5 star hotel like four seasons , especially at this price point. They also told us they wont do anything for the breakfast. After 3-4 phone calls back and forth, they offered to remove 50% off the bill for the terrible dinner we had. My family thought i was joking about it because we have stayed at over 100 5star and even 7star hotels around the world and never seen this poor of customer service.
The breakfast: there are a wide variety of choices and fresh fruits, and they are all very good. my only complaint was the service was extremely slow both mornings, some time, it took up to 45min for food to come out.
Pool bar/restaurant:
The next night (after the complaints we made from the previous night) we went to the pool bar which has international foods. I must say, the food at this restaurant was 100x better. Great service and food. The server attended our table multiple times during the meal to make sure everything was okay. we were really pleased as the food was so much better than the Indonesian restaurant we went to the night before.

Verdict: this is a perfect hotel for couples and honeymooners as the scenery of the property is out of this world. It is absolutely gorgeous. However, be prepared to pay a huge premium being here, as everything in this hotel is overpriced by 300%(keeping in mind your in indonesia). You will be spending atleast $100-$150 aud per day per person on food. I would definitely love to stay at this hotel in the future, but i have been very disappointed but the customer service received from this management.

Stayed: March 2018
Sean M, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Sayan, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear Amir T,

Thank you for taking the time to share your candid feedback regarding your stay with us.
First and foremost, my sincere apologies for not being able to meet you personally, and I will certainly share your comments with the management team so that we can improve.
I'm glad you enjoyed the resort location, ambience, service from our team overall, and the food at Riverside Cafe.
I am surprised to read your comment on the Indonesian dinner menu at Ayung Terrace, perhaps our Restaurant Manager misheard or misunderstood when they inquired about your dinner on the evening as he does not recall any negative feedback during service on the night you are referring to, but in any case, we removed 50% of the meal cost off your bill upon check-out when you shared your feedback with our Front Desk team.
Amir T, again I am truly sorry you did not completely enjoy your stay with us. I wish I could turn the clock back, but I hope we have another chance to make up for this experience and change your perception especially in regards to Ayung Terrace where we did not meet expectations.
Thank you once again for your feedback.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Lovers of tropical architecture will be aware of Australian Kerry Hill’s enormous contribution to the genre - for the Aman, Chedi and Alila groups especially. Two properties that have always fascinated me are The Datai in Langkawi, and the Four Seasons, Sayan near Ubud. Because of my limited mobility, staying at the Sayan hotel with its stairs everywhere, due to the site on a steep hill, is not a possibility, however a visit for lunch gave a taste of the simple majesty inherent in this building. A considerate staff member took us, via a golf cart, to the Ayung Terrace restaurant, and we could enjoy the dramatic location, marvellous gardens and fast flowing river from this vantage point. Our lunch was enjoyable, with a quality of preparation and ingredients you would expect in a hotel of this caliber, the staff smiling and attentive.
The only jarring and surprising note was when a tour group arrived for afternoon tea at 1pm.....that did shatter the tranquility somewhat.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
Sean M, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Sayan, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Dear LizandAlb,
Thank you for visiting us here in magical Sayan for lunch recently. I am pleased to read how much you enjoyed the architecture, certainly one of a kind that we are all very proud of. Given our location on the side of the valley, stairs are a necessity, and admittedly there are quite a few, but glad the team were able to look after you so well on the buggies, as this is the norm and we are happy to do so. We hope to welcome you back for dining or a longer visit in the near future.
With kind regards,

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

I love this hotel with the Villa, facilities, F&B and etc
The room is big especially for the bathroom.
The private pool is just nice.
The dinner is wonderful especially for the lobster.

I would like to come back to this hotel if possible for my next holiday.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Sean M, Manager at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Sayan, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Dear Billie F,
Sunny greetings from Sayan. We are all thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us. From the villa, to food and beverage and the lovely pools....sounds like we were able to deliver our promise to you of having an all around wonderful stay. Thank you for taking a moment to share you nice experiences, we do not take this for granted and truly appreciate you sharing such fond words.
We hope to have you return very soon.
Best regards,

Reviewed 9 March 2018

The hotel territory is amazing: green and well-groomed, my room was comfortable and cozy, the spa was wonderful - the best balinese massage I have ever had.

The weakest points are food and waiters. 1) The good-quality ingredients were cooked without any inspiration, thus the food was very mediocre. 2) They didn't have earl grey tea and avocado for breakfast. 3) The staff in cafe was not very attentive - during lunches and breakfast I had to wait at least 15 minutes until someone would notice me, then vice versa they were very intruded.
Also, at check-in my room vas ready 1 hour later than standard check-in time. I had to wait in the restaurant.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled solo

Dear DaryaU,
Thank you for sharing your kind words regarding your villa accommodation and the Spa, indeed the therapists really are second to none, appreciate you highlighting your treatment. We are just as thankful to receive the contructive feedback regarding your restaurant and culinary experience. We have shared this feedback across the team and rest assured we will use it to improve. It is always helpful to hear that we are not perfect all of the time, it will keep us sharp and focused on every interaction we share with our guests.
We do hope to have you back with us soon where I will personally assist to ensure you have a great stay.
Best regards,