“Excellent visit!”

Sopranos Italian Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 44 Restaurants in Wallsend
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Italian food , sit in or take out service available, family friendly
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We called at this restraunt after hearing such fab reviews.
I'm so pleased I did!
Before I walked in the door just the outside sign stood out amongst the others, when we went inside it was nice to see 2 wheelchair users, so I kno for next time there's adequate room to manoeuvre.
We got a table straight away even tho it was quite full.
The young girl Emma she said her name was took our drinks order ect was really nice & friendly, which you don't always get in restraunts.
Enesse she said her name was took our orders, told us about specials ect was also really nice & helpful in me deciding what to order as the whole menu looked yummy!
We had adequate time between courses, not long & my god the food was just scrumptious!
No complaints off either of us.
I was just disappointed I couldn't fit a dessert in :(
Another thing about our visit was the lovely decor, wasn't tacky like some places.
You'd just think you were in a little Italian restaurant.
Prices weren't too bad either.
All in all what a lovely relaxing meal we had.
But what made it extra special were the staff, Emma & enesse.
To the manager, you've got a lovely gem of a place, you'd think you were in Italy, not wallsend high street!

1  Thank Penny F

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were a party of 9, ordering a varied range of pizza, pasta and steak. All meals were delicious. I had a spicy pizza & it was the best I've had in a long while. Our waitress was lovely & attentive. I will certainly be going back again

1  Thank JazzyJNorthTyneside
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Wow!!!! Amazing!!!! Food was lovely... montanara and pasta was the best what ever i eat. Definitley come back!

1  Thank Kornelija S
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Started off promising, staff were very friendly, attentive and prompt. Starter came and it was very nice. Then the main course came... I had ordered chicken in breadcrumbs, it looked cooked on the outside but it was completely raw when I cut into it. My wife had ordered beef stroganoff and when it arrived her meal was chicken in sauce. I called over the waitress and showed her my raw chicken breast and she apologised and took both our meals back. It’s the first time I’ve ever sent my meal back but I couldn’t have eaten it as it was raw and it turned my stomach. I ordered a pizza in its place and when it arrived the waitress apologised again and brought ‘complimentary’ garlic bread. The pizza was soggy in the middle and the garlic bread was greasy and slimy. My wife was eating her beef stroganoff and there was a hair on her beef, she tried to pull it off but it was much longer than she first thought and she was so shocked that she stopped eating and said that she was no longer hungry. When they brought the bill the Murray mints were very nice and were needed to remove the greasy taste in my mouth. I hadn’t been charged for my pizza and although the staff were pleasant I won’t be returning as I felt queazy for the rest of the evening.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Sopranos is fairly local Italian for me but have never been until today with family. Service was spot on, food was delicious and it’s so reasonable!! It’s cosy and clean and has a great atmosphere. I’ll definitely be back for the Wednesday night steak night deal. They have a substantial happy hour menu which some of us ordered from, parents ordered chicken Kiev’s and they were massive and looked blooming lovely with homemade chips! Kids were happy and adults too

IboSopranos, Owner at Sopranos Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you very much for your review and we are looking forward to see you soon again for the steak night.