Indochine(Kontum)
US$30
  • Restaurant
Green Hotel(Kontum)
TripAdvisor
All reviewskon tumvietnamplacenightfoodhomestayexperiencehouseareagardencoffeechildrencooksmotorbike
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

This was my first homestay in Vietnam and it was brilliant. Arrived after a long day of travel and greeted with smiles and the offer of dinner. Brilliant food with the other guests staying. Very comfortable and relaxing stay.

Stayed: January 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 January 2018

Never have I imagined becoming so much a part of a family as I experienced here. I got guided tours to native villages and went on family visits, besides we always ate together and were invited to tea in the living room. Thuy speaks perfectly fine English and is ready to tell about the region and Vietnam in general. I can only recommend the place and encourage you to spend more than one day because there are things to be found in and around Kontum in addition to the lovely surroundings this Homestay forms.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

If you're passing through Kon Tum, this is the place for a big, nutritious meal, a good nights sleep, and a strong and delicious cup of coffee in the morning. Most of the food is from the garden, and the coffee is from their own plantation!

There are vibrant and colorful vegetable gardens, a nicely decorated common area for playing music and cards, writing, reading, etc. A great, quiet place to rejuvenate from travel.

The family is so kind, and has whatever you need, and helps you organize transportation if necessary. Will surely visit again if ever in the area.

Stayed: January 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Willoughby B
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

Got here by motorbike from Hoi An. Amazing location and place. I was welcomed so kind and friendly. Had a huge, great and very tasteful family dinner. The place and beds are really comfortable. Would definitely go here again.

Very helpful: they managed a mechanic for my motorbike - right around a corner and helped out with communication. So nice.

5 of 5 for all and everything :)

All the best for the whole family!

Stayed: October 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank Simon T
Reviewed 25 August 2017

Amazing family!!! Awesome moments. One of the best homestays I’ve been in my life because you feel at home since you arrive. We arrived very early in the morning 4am. They gave us our room inside the home with shared bathroom. The son took us the following day for a city tour by motorbike showing us some buildings around the city and some villages. He speaks very good englishWe spent there two nights. We had lunch and dinner with them, even breakfast and we spent very good moments with the best food we ate in Vietnam. Home made! You can cook with them and eat a lot!! All of them are very good cooks. The mum is a retired teacher who teachs every morning at her house in a little class they have there. You can feel her love for children. She doesn´t speak very much english but you can talk with her, you will see!!! She knows the perfect way! She is amazing, she took us the first morning to walk around the area knowing her neighbours. And you can drink coffe or tea whenever you want because is always ready and the father invite you in the living room to spend good moments together. They have other rooms, charming, beautiful ones and they are building more.
I highly recommend spending at least a night here or even more, peaceful place with kind people. You can go around Kon Tum and visit the small tribal areas.
I can't wait the moment to come back!!!

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple