“Kawasan Canyoneering is the Best Adventure in Cebu!”

Kawasan Canyoneering
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Badian
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are an experienced Kawasan Falls Guides and the group is called KAWASAN CEBU CANYONEERING. Our group was formed last April 2015. Our main station is in Matutinao Beach Resort, Brgy. Matutinao, Badian, Cebu. We are managed and lead by the reputable families in Badian.
Reviewed May 5, 2016

There were no other words that uttered from my lips but "It was the best!" when we were asked by our tour guides what we can say about the activity. True, canyoneering was the best adventure I've ever experienced. It was challenging and fun at the same time. And I really enjoyed it most especially I was with the best team.

1  Thank marxtermind

Reviewed May 1, 2016 via mobile

Absolutely brilliant day! For all ages and abilities everyone will enjoy it and it's a sense of achievement when you reach the falls.

Was busy but we did go on a weekend not sure if the weekdays are quieter. We also paid 1200pp, some companies were charging 3000pp so don't be ripped off.

Strongly recommend JoJos to book with, they provide life jacket, helmet and appropriate shoes (most important item)!

We initially were going to do in swimwear only but so pleased we wore shorts as lots of sliding around etc so take that into consideration.

One of the best activities we did whilst in Philippines! Strongly recommend!

2  Thank fbivens88
Reviewed April 28, 2016 via mobile

There are several providers (tour guides) for this great adventure. The length of the journey all depends on the pace of the group. We were 3 including a a senior member. We managed in a comfortable and relaxing 3hrs.

The adventure starts with you receiving your gear (helmet, padded life jacket and pouch). Don't expect anything to stay dry.

Next your on the back of a motorbike heading up the main road and later up the mountain on a bumpy dirt track to the base camp. Other option would be to walk but that would be a good 1-2 hours.

Once at the base camp a quick briefing and safety talk then another short bike ride to the top of the canyon and waterfall.

First step into the canyon is a good 5-6m drop off a waterfall. What an adrenaline rush. And the first of many.

The rest of the trip down consists of more waterfall jumps some rock slides and many many lazy streams to relax in.

It all ends at Kawasan Waterfall. The biggest of the whole journey and a small restaurant.

All in all an amazing journey for the whole family of all ages. We saw children as young as 10years old running around our tour guide said last week he had a 70 year old with him ( not all waterfall jumps are necessary there are some options to skip)

A place to recommend and return to.

1  Thank GYS85
Reviewed April 26, 2016

It was an adventure worthy of all that nervousness and exhaustion. It was a fun experience. I get to jump at 50ft, a first time experience. I somehow get to conquer heights like I never did before. You just take a plunge and enjoy. Just cast out your fears. The jump only lasts for a second. But your memories from that thrill will last much longer.

1  Thank Nino_Calo
Reviewed April 26, 2016

So the only thing that is keeping me from giving this a 5 stars was the price. Please re-evaluate the price for groups. There was a group of 9 people when I went here and we each had to pay 1000pesos/ea inc lunch. I heard we already got a discount because at that time the price went up to 1200pesos/ea inc lunch. HOWEVER, that price with 9 people is not worth the lunch. I believe w/o lunch it would've been around 800pesos/ea.

Besides that, the Canyoneering was AWESOME. The guides that were with us were very helpful and friendly. They were like ninjas jumping from rocks after rocks! A must try for sure. Don't forget to bring your underwater cameras and appropriate shoes

1  Thank danielvib