Review Highlights
Family ancestry

My wife's maiden name was O'Daly from back at this town so it was a treat for her and my sister in... read more

Reviewed 10 August 2017
Nigel B
via mobile
History of Bandon through the ages with old church records.

My advice is book before you go to insure the Centre is open and there are people there who can... read more

Reviewed 29 May 2017
kenmagicmoxley
Bushey, United Kingdom

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

I love this kind of museum, people's history going back to the origin of this really interesting town. The museum caretakers are a great bonus, wry and witty.

Reviewed 7 March 2016

This is a wonderful place to visit in order to truly understand the history of the region. However learning facts related to the great famine is not a comfortable process especially if you have no prior knowledge . Depends really upon what kind of tourist you are. Excellent film to view regarding the past and present special qualities of Loch Hyne and related research .

Reviewed 23 October 2015

Much time could be spent at the Heritage Centre.
Lots of interesting and fascinating artifacts, photos, articles.
I missed seeing John Hurley but hope to meet him on my next visit.

1  Thank 170sheilas
Reviewed 29 June 2015

I met up with John Hurley, a local historian, who was so welcoming and accommodating that I could not have asked for anything more. As my husband and I were researching family history, John took time out to sit with us at the back of the Heritage Centre and go through parish records. He had a wealth of information stored in his brain - far more than any books could hold in the same space - and was extremely helpful. Go and learn about Bandon's early years - oh yes and buy Bandon - 400 years; history from Fitzgerald's newsagents in the high street. A really good read for 14 euros.

2  Thank PiffyPooPar
Reviewed 26 May 2015

Was not opened when I visited and no sign of any contact. As only in Bandon for 3 nights to do some family research, I was disappointed as the web page says 5 days a week open.

1  Thank Researcher5696