“Very Interesting”

Ranked #3 of 5 things to do in Bandon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed 23 October 2015

Much time could be spent at the Heritage Centre.
Lots of interesting and fascinating artifacts, photos, articles.
I missed seeing John Hurley but hope to meet him on my next visit.

1  Thank 170sheilas

Reviewed 29 June 2015

I met up with John Hurley, a local historian, who was so welcoming and accommodating that I could not have asked for anything more. As my husband and I were researching family history, John took time out to sit with us at the back of the Heritage Centre and go through parish records. He had a wealth of information stored in his brain - far more than any books could hold in the same space - and was extremely helpful. Go and learn about Bandon's early years - oh yes and buy Bandon - 400 years; history from Fitzgerald's newsagents in the high street. A really good read for 14 euros.

2  Thank PiffyPooPar
Reviewed 26 May 2015

Was not opened when I visited and no sign of any contact. As only in Bandon for 3 nights to do some family research, I was disappointed as the web page says 5 days a week open.

1  Thank Researcher5696
Reviewed 22 March 2015

This is an interesting and well-appointed small museum. It has various local artifacts and exhibits from Cork and Bandon's history. I would suggest taking a stroll around the building as well, as it's set in a gorgeous old church. You can also make an appointment to see the local birth, death and wedding registries here. They were immensely helpful in researching my family's genealogy.

3  Thank emsrem