“Easter Sunday”

Price range: US$15 - US$50
Cuisines: Irish, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: In the heart of historical Bunratty, you will find our award winning seafood restaurant "Gallaghers". With its thatched roof and old world relaxed charm, come and enjoy a spectacular candlelight dinner with family and friends. It is our attention to detail and high level of service that ensures your whole dining experience will be truly memorable.
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We dined here few weeks back.. so impressed we returned.Our greeting on arrival was friendly and professional.
You are firstly seated in the waiting area which is cosy and relaxing and once you drink order is taken. I feel this is where ambience of this gorgeous Restaurant kicks in.
We were relaxing with sufficent time to enjoy our drink while the menu was shown to us to ponder on.
We were then seated in a comfortable time span after that.
Music was mellow and so relaxing while the white candles flickered in several locations about the Restaurants ..lots of them too.
We ordered Duck Salad Crab Claws Salmon served with a mixture of breads and crunchy home made chips simply devine. We shared an ice cream dessert washed down with a malbec and Sauvigion. Our experience here once again was excellent and under the Attention of Michael and his team how could we be dissapointed.
The loos are elegant and always clean smelling of cotton candy candles.
We will return cannot wait.
Well done everybody
Marie Murphy
Tramore

John O, Restaurant Manager at Gallagher's, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear Marie M
Thank you for your wonderful and detailed Review, We are all delighted to read your review of your experience while visiting Gallagher's on Easter Sunday, I am very happy to see that every aspect of your evening was perfect from the moment you arrived, i am delighted to see that you enjoyed some of my recommendations, it was a pleasure for my team and i to look after both of you throughout the evening and we very much look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I chose Gallagher's for dinner on our last night in Ireland for our honeymoon, and couldn't be happier with our choice. We loved the ambience of Gallagher's, and enjoyed a relaxing and delicious meal, with excellent service.

1  Thank Megan S

Dear Megan M
Thank you for your excellent review, I am Delighted to see that you chose Gallagher's for your last night in Ireland During your Honeymoon and it is great to see that both you and your Husband were very happy with experience , enjoying great food ,service and the lovely Ambience.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

Six of us had dinner - to celebrate our 47th Wedding Anniversary and it was excellent. I had Sea Bass and it was mouth wateringly fresh and delicious. I opted for Ice cream in a brandy basket to finish a truly memorable meal. A lovely touch was the piped " Happy 47th Wedding anniversary" on both my Wife's and my dessert plate. We were served fantasically by Clodagh and team with the Manager- John- paying a regular visit to our table. Míle Buíochas John agus Muintir Gallaghers for making our anniversary and St. Patrick's Day so memorable.

1  Thank Aidan W
John O, Restaurant Manager at Gallagher's, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Dear Aidan W
Thank you for your excellent 5* Review
We are Delighted to see that Both you and all your family had such an enjoyable evening last Saturday to Celebrate your 47th Wedding Anniversary,We are so happy to see that both the food and service were all excellent and left a lasting memorable evening for all,
Thank you once again Aidan for your Great Feedback

John Ormston

Reviewed 18 March 2018

after being recommended by both concierge at hotel and taxi driver we were disappointed. high priced, food just 'ok' except for crab claw starters which were excellent but the service was poor right from the outset. Maitre D quite abrupt 'where is the friendly Irish hospitality, no drinks or offers to take orders for 35 minutes, staff had no peripheral vision and it seemed our table did not exist as they kept walking past us. when we finally did order the food arrived in about 5 mins... but no starters, no drinks... it was a cock up right from the beginning. The maitre D then says 'lets start all again'... when it came to desert time, we could not order as there were no staff in front of house... we timed it as it was sort of like tjey had all gone off for their dinner... Super City prices at a local joint.

I did drop an email to the restaurant to give this feedback and got no response... maybe that goes with the service. Cannot recommend any other restaurant in Limerick but can easily not recommend this one.

1  Thank Mike W

Dear Mike W
Thank you for taking the time to write your review, I am Sorry to see that you did not have the experience with us that so many enjoy,I am so Disappointed to read about the service you received as we pride ourselves with the high standard of both Service as well as the freshly prepared and locally sourced Food which we are synonymous for, With regards to your Email i cannot find you email anywhere as i will always respond to all emails immediately,
Please accept my sincere apologies and i can assure you yours was not the experience which so many of our diners enjoy on a daily basis,

Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I came here for Valentine’s Day and it did not disappoint. The restaurant had a romantic atmosphere, all the food was cooked beautifully and the panna cotta was the best I’ve ever had. Delicious!

1  Thank Shannon G
John O, Restaurant Manager at Gallagher's, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Dear Shannon G
Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review
I am Delighted to see both you and your boyfriend had such a lovely Valentines Evening with us enjoying the Atmosphere and Delicious food we have here in Gallagher's
Thank you again and I hope its not to long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you both back to Gallagher's

John Ormston