“Nice”

Ranked #2 of 17 Restaurants in Waterville
Price range: US$12 - US$37
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Serving food like it used to taste. Hearty Traditional Plates, Seafood Platters, Veggie Dishes, Omelettes, Soups and Sandwiches., Award Winning Auntie Bridies Brown Bread, Tasty Desserts, Wine Licence. Parties Catered for.We care for our food and customers in equal measures.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Family friendly establishment in he heart of Waterville. The fish and chips was fresh and not over-battered. The salad was crisp and tasty. However, the coffee was absolutely dreadful.

Reviewed March 16, 2018

I cannot say enough good things about An Corcan We just visited for lunch while doing the Ring of Kerry, and stumbled upon it. Beyond the fantastic food, my young niece had an accident while there and the staff could not have handled things better. One even went home to get some clothes for her as we didn't have any changes. They were welcoming and warm, and I would recommend to anyone traveling, particularly those with families, to visit.

2  Thank coflood2002
Reviewed February 22, 2018 via mobile

My partner and I wanted a break from fried seafood, so we tried An Corcan for lunch. I had the toastie (ham, cheese, tomato, and onion melted sandwich) and a side slice of their award winning brown bread. My partner had a lunch combo with fish chowder and a tuna salad sandwich.

The sandwiches hit the spot perfectly. The fish chowder started a bit too fishy, maybe it had been sitting out a while - but got better as he ate more.

Friendly, attentive service.

Reviewed February 16, 2018

We had two visits in here : a quick coffee break and dinner on another day. Overall, I found everything to be pretty average. The coffee was fine, but not something for which you would return and the cups used were on the small side compared to cafes generally. Likewise, dinner was a bit disappointing. We had a range of dishes including the steak and the lamb chops. The steak was quite good and cooked nicely, but the lamb was a bit tough and not very tasty - the very last thing you would expect from Kerry lamb. I had chowder at the start and it was disappointing : quite bland, no real flavour. However, the desserts were very generous and delicious - we'd recommend the apple tart especially. Overall, I wouldn't be unhappy if I had to return here, but neither would I be looking forward to it.

Reviewed February 15, 2018

Just happened upon this place while we were driving the ring of Kerry. The food was delicious but the service was out of this world. Extremely friendly waitress(could have been the owner). She told of us things to do in the area and little things that were happening around the area. We will be back next time we're in kerry.