See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 3 July 2015

5 nights is to long to stay in hotel like this. Walking in bad irish weather and to come here to eat and sleep was not nice for wife and me. Bedroom is small. Food picks is not enough and what is there, is not so tasty. Breakfast was not better, no picks at all. Some young people working in restaurant seem to be very unhappy in work and service is no good for me and my wife. Ladies at desk can be too hard to talk with and why I want to leave reveiw. Must work more to make nice place to visiting.

Room Tip: Have room to see the green at the back side.
  • Stayed: June 2015, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Gunther K
Reviewed 2 July 2015

Stayed with a cycling group and was very disappointed to say the least. Service was very poor in all areas, room outdated and still had a portable television. Food below par. Tried to make my complaints known, but I was not listened to or understood. Looks good from the outside, but that is deceiving.

• Stayed: June 2015, traveled with friends
3  Thank Mark P
Reviewed 16 June 2015

Most hospitable and welcoming manager who arranged secure storage for our two bicycles.
Excellent value accommodation with super fresh and tasty breakfast - best hotel of our cycling tour.
Would highly recommend.

Stayed: June 2015, traveled with friends
3  Thank ANGELA K
Reviewed 28 September 2010

We stayed here because everything else was booked up during the month of September due to the Matchmaking Festival in Lisdoonvarna. And boy, this hotel really takes advantage of that. We paid about twice as much as we did for any other hotel in all of Ireland (outside Dublin) and it was not worth it. We stayed at some seriously nice hotels in other towns that were far and above nicer than this place, for less than half the price. The hotel looks beautiful from the outside and the lobby is nice, but the rooms are a bit dated and the mattresses were definitely old and lumpy. The telly in the room wouldn't work. Breakfast was a bright spot - we loved everything we ate, and the service was very good at breakfast. But despite the lovely breakfast, I recommend that you plan ahead to avoid getting stuck here because you'll get ripped off on the rate.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
12  Thank BayAreaLawyer
Reviewed 12 April 2007

Coming up to the property,my expectations were very high as it is a very smart looking hotel.The lobby is also very nice.And that's about all the good things I can say about the place.I really don't want to be rude,but the food,rooms and over-all level of service is bloody terrible.And where was the manager?I don't think that there was anybody there to run the place.It was terrible and it was soooo expensive.I highly recommend that anybody wishing to stay in Lisdoonvarna rather stay at the Burren Castle hotel.Granted,the rooms are not much better,but the food is decent and the service,particularly in the restaurant,is fantastic.Just don't stay at the Thomond.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple