“Biker trip”
Review of Oceanaddicts

Oceanaddicts
More attraction details
Owner description: Based onboard our ex Royal Navy Fleet Tender Oceanaddicts offer Scuba Diving trips to qualified divers from novice to experienced. We offer a full range of PADI scuba courses from Discover Scuba diving to Dive Master level. For the non diver we offer try dives and snorkelling experiences. Let our experienced instructors and guides lead you in an adventure of a lifetime. We also have B&B facilities on board or center boat "Embarr"
Reviewed June 2, 2017 via mobile

Ann & graham were great hosts .
We b&b on their navy tender .
It's compares to an upmarket hostel with good facilities great breakfast & fantastic view of the harbour .

Anne F F, Owner at Oceanaddicts, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2017

Thank you for you nice comments and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope the rest of your trip is fantastic Regards, Anne

All reviews
"rocks"
"boat"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed May 1, 2017

I had my first trip of 2017 back to Oceanaddicts a couple of weeks ago and it is as good as ever. Graham and Anne run my favourite dive centre anywhere, I have been diving with them since they started in business and over the last few years they have taken all of my business from the other dive centres in the country, I simply don't go anywhere else any more and visit Oceanaddicts five or six times a year.

The accommodation on board Embarr, a converted Royal Navy Fleet Tender, is very nice, there are two and four berth cabins, the beds are very comfortable and I normally sleep better on board than I do at home in my own bed. The cabins aren't en-suite but to be honest that doesn't mater.

Anne's cooking is incredible. Breakfast is pretty much whatever you want, whatever way you want it. When you come back on board after diving lunch is normally home-made soup, toasted sandwiches and the most incredible array of baked goodies - scones, cookies (chocolate-chip, peanut butter, ginger, etc.), flapjacks and buns (the lemon drizzle buns are amazing). You won't lose weight on board Embarr, that's for sure. Vegetarians can be catered for, just give them advanced notice.

Graham is a very experienced skipper and really knows the area well. Oceanaddicts don't guarantee you a particular dive site in advance, they do guarantee that you will get the best available diving for the prevailing conditions and experience level of your dive group and in my experience they have always delivered. Graham has never dropped me in the wrong place, at the wrong state of the tide or made the wrong call on the weather. The dive site briefs are always spot-on and easy to follow so you get the best out of each dive site.

There is a great range of dive sites from relatively shallow scenic reefs such as the Canyon at Back Head, deeper reefs such as the Bream Rock, offshore reefs such as the Ling Rocks and wrecks. Visibility varies with the weather and the time of year just like everywhere else, it was 8 to 10 metres at Easter this year and I have had 30+ metres on the Ling Rocks. Plankton blooms can reduce the visibility but don't spoil most of the dive sites. Plankton blooms can also bring in big filter feeders and I have swum with Basking Sharks near the Old Head.

The dive set up is good, there is a membrane compressor on board Embarr so Nitrox (up to 32%) is always available for appropriately qualified divers and they can fill up to 300 bar. It's a nice relaxed setup, you load your equipment into the kit room when you arrive, then it's just a matter of bringing it to the other side of the boat when you are going diving and you just drop it onto the RIB (a 9 metre boat with an inboard diesel engine and plenty of room) so you aren't hauling your equipment long distances which makes for a very relaxing trip. Rental equipment is available, it is good quality equipment and properly maintained.

When I arrive down I dump my gear on board, dump my car and I can just relax and not have to go anywhere (well maybe across the road to the pub at the end of an excellent day's diving) until it is unfortunately time to go home again.

I have been diving for more than 30 years and I am choosy about where I dive and who I dive with. In my opinion Oceanadicts really deliver a fantastic package and represent excellent value for money. Judging from the level of repeat business they get (I see a lot of the same faces every time I am on board Embarr) other people are of the same opinion.

1  Thank Divemaster2000
Anne F F, Owner at Oceanaddicts, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2017

Thank you Divemaster2000 for you kind words and we are really happy that you enjoy your stay and diving with us. We love having you back on board, it's always a pleasure. we are looking forward to you next trip. Thanks again Anne

Reviewed September 16, 2016

My husband and I went snorkelling with Graham and Anne out of Kinsale harbour in July and loved it so much we went back for a try-dive experience with them a couple of weeks later. They are both so friendly, knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the local marine environment. I'd say this is a must do for anyone (local or visitor) who wants to have a little underwater adventure. There's lots to see and these two are safe, professional and lots of fun. Can't recommend highly enough and very reasonably priced given all their work and attention.

Reviewed August 30, 2016

We had booked three days of diving with Graham and Anne by mail. They always responded very quickly. We stayed at the Embarr and had a great time. Even as experienced divers we found the diving was superb, we saw a lot of different kinds of nudibranches, seaspiders, a seal while diving and a monkfish. The captain Graham was very good at taking you to the right place concerning the weather and made an excellent briefing of the divespot. Anne was very welcoming and made the best cookies in the world and a great breakfast and lunch. While staying at the Embarr and diving with the zodiac, you don’t have a lot of hassle with your dive gear. The diving is easy with good visibility. Staying on the Embarr is comfortable in a double room with enough space for your stuff and good beds. You don’t have your own bathroom, but we didn’t miss it . Graham and Anne are doing anything to make the stay pleasant. Kinsale is a pleasant place with a lot of restaurants and with the tips from Anne and Graham we found some very good restaurants. We liked the stay an diving and probably we will be back.

Anne F F, Manager at Oceanaddicts, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2016

Hi Jeanette,

Thank you for your kind comments. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and diving with us. It was lovely having you on board.