“Wonderful way to explore Kinsale area”
Review of Oceanaddicts

Oceanaddicts
More attraction details
Owner description: Based onboard our ex Royal Navy Fleet Tender Oceanaddicts offer Scuba Diving trips to qualified divers from novice to experienced. We offer a full range of PADI scuba courses from Discover Scuba diving to Dive Master level. For the non diver we offer try dives and snorkelling experiences. Let our experienced instructors and guides lead you in an adventure of a lifetime. We also have B&B facilities on board or center boat "Embarr"
Reviewed 16 September 2016

My husband and I went snorkelling with Graham and Anne out of Kinsale harbour in July and loved it so much we went back for a try-dive experience with them a couple of weeks later. They are both so friendly, knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the local marine environment. I'd say this is a must do for anyone (local or visitor) who wants to have a little underwater adventure. There's lots to see and these two are safe, professional and lots of fun. Can't recommend highly enough and very reasonably priced given all their work and attention.

All reviews
"rocks"
"boat"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 30 August 2016

We had booked three days of diving with Graham and Anne by mail. They always responded very quickly. We stayed at the Embarr and had a great time. Even as experienced divers we found the diving was superb, we saw a lot of different kinds of nudibranches, seaspiders, a seal while diving and a monkfish. The captain Graham was very good at taking you to the right place concerning the weather and made an excellent briefing of the divespot. Anne was very welcoming and made the best cookies in the world and a great breakfast and lunch. While staying at the Embarr and diving with the zodiac, you don’t have a lot of hassle with your dive gear. The diving is easy with good visibility. Staying on the Embarr is comfortable in a double room with enough space for your stuff and good beds. You don’t have your own bathroom, but we didn’t miss it . Graham and Anne are doing anything to make the stay pleasant. Kinsale is a pleasant place with a lot of restaurants and with the tips from Anne and Graham we found some very good restaurants. We liked the stay an diving and probably we will be back.

Anne F F, Manager at Oceanaddicts, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2016

Hi Jeanette,

Thank you for your kind comments. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and diving with us. It was lovely having you on board.

Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

Had a few scenic dives with Anne and Graeme. Fantastic hosts, knowledgeable and so easy to get on with. The dive sites were chosen based on the local conditions and what would provide us with the most interest. I really enjoyed the dives in "Les canyons".

We are delighted you enjoyed your diving with us, we enjoyed having you on board. Safe Diving Anne

Reviewed 9 June 2016

When it comes to Irish diving you can't beat it, its the best in the world and OceanAddicts is no exception. I try to do as many trips to Kinsale as I can in the year and the reason is simple. There is a great atmosphere from the moment you arrive on the boat, whether you are a day diver or stay on the boat the experience is nothing to match.

As I have to travel a great distance to get there I always stay on the boat. Kinsale offers great restaurants and during the day Anne's cooking is exceptional. All the food on the boat is home made from the jam to the scones, cookies and other treats. The accommodation is very comfortable, and next to the boat is the RIB that takes you out to dive. The boat is self contained, the air fills are done on the boat and all gear is available.

I have been on many RIBs (Dive boat) and I suffer greatly from Seasickness but I have found a savour in the Oceanaddicts RIBs. The construction of the RIB gives you a very smooth ride, which has seriously increased my pleasure in boat diving, something I was starting to avoid in the past.

The dive sites are some of the best in the world. The sites present you with a world of life and many creatures you may not expect to find there. The sites are teaming with life from jewel anemones, coral, the tompot blennys to gobes, cuckoo wrasse to ling and conger eels, and on occasion basking sharks and mola mola. On my last visit we encountered a basking shark on our ride to shore. it was amazing.

Oceanaddicts always give me a great diving experience something I look forward to every time I venture down to them. Thanks Anne and Graham.

1  Thank catherinemryan
See more reviews
Reviewed 25 May 2016

I started diving here as a relatively notice diver and have keep going back year after year because nothing else matches the incredible diving and service you get on board Embarr.

You arrive and unpack your gear and are greeted by the most amazing couple ever, super friendly and genuine.

The dive sites are stunning, and the experienced skipper Graham can usually get you a good dive spot whatever your experience level and with the conditions.

You can see absolutely anything, from basking sharks through to stunning jewel anemones covering walls of rock. Great for photographers and nature enthusiasts alike.

If all that is not enough, you can stay on board for the liveaboard experience and try amazing home cooked goodies made by Ann (worth it by itself).
All that and you have Kinsale right on your doorstep which is a pretty picturesque Irish town known for it's food.

Well worth a trip.

Anne F F, Dive Instructor at Oceanaddicts, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2016

Thank you so much for your kind comments and for reviewing your experience with us. We try really hard to make all our guests' experience the best it can be, we are delighted to know that you enjoy your time on board Embarr with us. We look forward to welcoming you back on board in the near future.