“Best Diving and Dive Center Globally”
Review of Oceanaddicts

Oceanaddicts
More attraction details
Owner description: Based onboard our ex Royal Navy Fleet Tender Oceanaddicts offer Scuba Diving trips to qualified divers from novice to experienced. We offer a full range of PADI scuba courses from Discover Scuba diving to Dive Master level. For the non diver we offer try dives and snorkelling experiences. Let our experienced instructors and guides lead you in an adventure of a lifetime. We also have B&B facilities on board or center boat "Embarr"
Reviewed 9 June 2016

When it comes to Irish diving you can't beat it, its the best in the world and OceanAddicts is no exception. I try to do as many trips to Kinsale as I can in the year and the reason is simple. There is a great atmosphere from the moment you arrive on the boat, whether you are a day diver or stay on the boat the experience is nothing to match.

As I have to travel a great distance to get there I always stay on the boat. Kinsale offers great restaurants and during the day Anne's cooking is exceptional. All the food on the boat is home made from the jam to the scones, cookies and other treats. The accommodation is very comfortable, and next to the boat is the RIB that takes you out to dive. The boat is self contained, the air fills are done on the boat and all gear is available.

I have been on many RIBs (Dive boat) and I suffer greatly from Seasickness but I have found a savour in the Oceanaddicts RIBs. The construction of the RIB gives you a very smooth ride, which has seriously increased my pleasure in boat diving, something I was starting to avoid in the past.

The dive sites are some of the best in the world. The sites present you with a world of life and many creatures you may not expect to find there. The sites are teaming with life from jewel anemones, coral, the tompot blennys to gobes, cuckoo wrasse to ling and conger eels, and on occasion basking sharks and mola mola. On my last visit we encountered a basking shark on our ride to shore. it was amazing.

Oceanaddicts always give me a great diving experience something I look forward to every time I venture down to them. Thanks Anne and Graham.

1  Thank catherinemryan
"rocks"
"boat"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 25 May 2016

I started diving here as a relatively notice diver and have keep going back year after year because nothing else matches the incredible diving and service you get on board Embarr.

You arrive and unpack your gear and are greeted by the most amazing couple ever, super friendly and genuine.

The dive sites are stunning, and the experienced skipper Graham can usually get you a good dive spot whatever your experience level and with the conditions.

You can see absolutely anything, from basking sharks through to stunning jewel anemones covering walls of rock. Great for photographers and nature enthusiasts alike.

If all that is not enough, you can stay on board for the liveaboard experience and try amazing home cooked goodies made by Ann (worth it by itself).
All that and you have Kinsale right on your doorstep which is a pretty picturesque Irish town known for it's food.

Well worth a trip.

Anne F F, Dive Instructor at Oceanaddicts, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2016

Thank you so much for your kind comments and for reviewing your experience with us. We try really hard to make all our guests' experience the best it can be, we are delighted to know that you enjoy your time on board Embarr with us. We look forward to welcoming you back on board in the near future.

Reviewed 21 May 2016

My wife and I have been to Ireland four times (yes, we would move if we could). This really is one of the best things we have ever done.

I have never done anything similar to snorkeling in the past, so I was not sure what to expect, but the experience was great.

We arranged everything with Anne prior to leaving for Ireland. The day of snorkeling, we arrived down at the pier, got on the boat, got all of our snorkeling gear situated, and got onto the RIB to get out to the snorkeling site. If you are someone that gets sea sick - do not worry, this is a very smooth ride, you will be comfortable (barring some monster winds, of course).

On the way to snorkeling, Anne was very attentive to us, told us a lot of the history of the area and even made some great recommendations for some nice walks and good places to eat later in the day. Once we got to the snorkeling site, Anne got us in the water and took us out to check everything in the water out. Anne was very safety conscious making sure that we were warm, comfortable, and knew how to move around. At one point, my wife was cold and I wanted to keep going, so Anne took my wife back to the RIB and continued to take me around to explore some more.

Once I was out of the water, Graham took us back to the boat, we sat down, had some tea, and some great conversation with both Anne and Graham. Both of them are very warm, genuine, and all around lovely people. Next time we are in Kinsale, we will definitely be repeat customers. If you have any hesitations about this, I urge you to forget them and book an amazing experience today.

2  Thank williamsmarkm
Anne F F, Dive Instructor at Oceanaddicts, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2016

Great to hear you enjoyed your snorkeling trip, it was a pleasure snorkeling with you and we look forward to welcoming you back at some time in the future

Reviewed 21 August 2015 via mobile

Diving with Graham and Anne is so good, I've been back - and will be back again... and again... and again. If, that is, I can lose the pounds put on from Anne's cooking! The Embarr - an ex-RN tender - has plenty of room; neat bunk beds in cabins below, three bathrooms, a snug lounge and a kit room. Diving is off ribs as Embarr stays moored in Kinsale (though they also do liveaboard trips). A hearty full Irish breakfast, delicious scones and biscuits . rustled up by Anne in the galley - and home-made soup and toasties make up the fare. Graham and Anne know their diving - and there are great dives off Kinsale such as the gullies of the Sovereign rocks - monkfish, spider crabs, pipefish, loads of nudibanchs - is just one example. The evening you are free to explore Kinsale for a meal and a pint or two - and there's plenty of choice. G&A can also arrange marine photography courses. Graham also arranged for me to do some open water swimming. What more could you want? Hmm. Maybe one of those peanut butter cookies? I could fit another small one in!

1  Thank Manxman_Cambridge