“Great scenery on horseback ”

Donegal Equestrian Centre
More attraction details
Owner description: Donegal Equestrian Centre situated 1 mile from the centre of Bundoran in the beautiful North West coast of Ireland. Is the perfect choice for all your horse riding. We offer instruction in riding, pony camps, beach & trail rides suitable for all levels of rider. The centre has a wide range of horses and ponies from 11hh - 17hh to suit all abilities.Most of all Donegal Equestrian can offer you an unforgetable experience in a fun and safe environment.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I went out on a very cold, windy and rainy day so it was just me and my guide who was very nice (I'm sorry I forgot your name). I've only ever did treks 3 times before (of which one was galloping on the beach in South Africa) and never had riding lessons so I'm still a beginner. But since it was just me we were galloping a very short bit on the beach. They usually don't do this with beginners for safety reasons which is totally understandable so I was quite grateful for the action. The majority was walking and trotting through the dunes from where you had an amazing view even in the horrible weather conditions. I had a great time and can definitely recommend doing this, especially for just 30€.

All reviews
"hack"
"novice"
"rode"

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Wanted to horse ride on a beach as a bucket list type of activity and where better than the sandy beaches of Ireland
The Donegal Equestrian centre is about 25 mins drive from Donegal Town and the staff were very friendly and helpful.
My partner and I are both novices having only ridden once before and our instructor / guide was amazing, made us feel at ease on the horses and the ride itself was so beautiful.
The beach is wide and sandy, with great views and when you go up on the dunes the views are even better

Came away feeling so relaxed and peaceful, was amazing, do it!!

Reviewed August 10, 2017 via mobile

I booked a private 1 hour beach ride and had a wonderful experience. The stables are well kept and the booking system is really efficient. The beach ride was fantastic. My horse (Julia) was good as gold and was unphased by surfers, dogs etc as we cantered along the sand. The guide was a lovely lady, who tailored the ride to my experience and what I wanted/ didn't want to do and also gave me great tips for other things to do in the area.
It was a real highlight of my trip and I'd recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed August 4, 2017

Great experence for a family of 4 for 1 hour horse riding thru the dunes on the beach 110 euro. Only done side was we each had to take our horses over a main road which was very busy so i was nervous for the kids incase the horse got spooked. THe girl who took us out was super friendly and very chatty all in all if you can get over the road crossing you'll love it.

R4c_hel, Owner at Donegal Equestrian Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2017

Thank you for your positive review and I am glad that your family enjoyed their time with us. :)
I would just like to add for the benefit of other possible clients that we always lead the horses across the road unmounted and mount in a secure area the other side of the road, we then have direct access with no road to the beach and dunes.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 27, 2017

No horsing about with this place - if you will excuse the pun. This place is a slick and well run, but extremely customer orientated horse riding facility in one of the most beautiful places in Ireland.

Extremely safety conscious, with great horses, and fantastic staff - if you want to try horse riding, then hoof yourself up here.

I really cannot stress enough how wonderful the staff are at the Donegal Equestrian Centre. My ten year old son did a week at the summer camp - and he loved it. Even all the not so pleasant sides of looking after horses, was made fun and exciting.

I have found in a lot of places - all over the world - that sometimes kids are not treated in the way that we might expect adults to be treated - but here, the way they had with kids is inspiring.

So don't saddle yourself with disappointment - if you are in the area - trot down to here and have a great ride.

2  Thank errol2015