Review Highlights
Blustery November

Rebecca will take you out no matter what the weather, so if you're brave go in the off-season for a... read more

Reviewed 6 December 2018
RDSwans
Amazing experience!

The Shamrock & Beach Trail was the absolute highlight of my trip to Dingle. All horses are... read more

Reviewed 18 November 2018
Daydream412505

Recommended experiences in and around Dingle
from US$69.41
from US$60.16
from US$18.51
More Info
All reviews mountain ride riding experience experienced riders hour ride the owner advanced riders irish countryside cross country amazing experience highly recommend this experience b bs beautiful scenery inch beach susan horses gallop stables
Reviewed 29 July 2018

We were a group of 7 riders with an average of 30 years experience each. The owners determined through a test ride that we were experienced enough to ride on the beach. We had a lovely ride to the beach with a trot and canter along the way, with very scenic views. When we got to the beach we did our first gallop in what we realized later was toward the horses home field. Several of us were out of control and ended up passing each other even though that was not our intent. At that point 3 riders decided to end and stay at the end of the beach and wait while the other 4 riders went the other way down the beach in 2 gallops. At the end the plan was to gallop back. Unfortunately the horses anticipated this gallop back to their overnight field and were very antsy. The leader had two new horses lead the gallop back and one stopped suddenly after about 5 strides of gallop, dropped its head and rolled its shoulder launching its rider into the hard sand, the injury was severe enough to require an ambulance. We all recognize the dangers involved in riding and understand things happen. These horses were in a nice safe routine on the trails and countryside so understand when signing up that unless you have extensive experience the owners, rightfully so, will not allow you to ride on the beach.

Reviewed 19 July 2018

My friend and I had the most fabulous day galloping the beaches in Dingle thanks to Dingle Horseriding! Talk about adrenaline! I would definitely recommend this ride to EXPERIENCED riders as it will be nothing like you have ever done before. I have been riding since I was four years old and I feel everything I have ever done on a horse prepared me for this epic moment. You can tell the horses love the beach; they go all out in full gallop. I loved the horse I rode: I felt safe the entire time and I loved our guide. If you aren't an experienced rider Dingle Horse Riding can still accommodate you! I rode their Shamrock Trail (the Mountain trail) as well and it was lovely. A slow pace perfect for beginners and enjoyable for all as you get to take in the serene Irish landscape and simply appreciate the beauty of the moment. You can tell Dingle Horse Riding cares not only about their customers but about their horses as well. Each one in the herd is well looked after and loved. I cannot recommend Dingle Horse Riding enough. This was my THIRD time coming to Ireland and riding with them and as always is the highlight of my trip. <3 THANK YOU DINGLE HORSE RIDING!

Reviewed 16 July 2018

Great two hour ride with gorgeous views. Horses seem well-taken care of staff is very careful about safety gear and precautions.

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

We absolutely LOVED our horseback ridie up into the mountains overlooking Dingle Bay. The views were BREATHTAKING. I'd highly recommend this experience. I took my almost 13 year old daughter on a week long trip to Ireland, and this was the highlight of our amazing trip. The horses were sweet, well trained, and cooperative (Bob & Marley). The guides (Emily & Audrey) were fantastic. Loved every moment & will cherish it forever.

Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

So grateful I had the opportunity to do a riding holiday with Dingle horse riding. My horse was excellent, the guides and staff were lovely, and the Dingle Peninsula is breathtaking. I love to gallop the beaches; it is so exhilarating you feel as if you are flying. The most fun I’ve ever had on a horse was on the Dunes in Inch beach. I have been riding all my life and I will never forget this adventure. I hope I get to do it again one day. Even if you are german, the Guides take care for you and find an easy and nice way to explain everything for you! Thank you Dingle horse riding for the amazing memories; I loved every single minute!

Date of experience: May 2018