“Served but not great service”

Harvey's New York Bar & Grill
Ranked #6 of 25 Restaurants in Rhuddlan
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Went to the Rhuddlans expression of Harvey’s, after visiting the Llandudno one a couple of weeks back.
The decor certainly gives you that American 50’s diner feel.
Food is what you’d expect. Nicely presented. Menu decent. But needs enchiladas.
The Llandudno one was a much better experience as far as service was concerned. The young man was attentive and didn’t
just take our order, present us with the bill and the card machine. Rhuddlan experience ( and this is my second visit) not so great. We were served but little or no service. No ‘how’s the food’, ‘do you need more drinks’? Our waitress sort of avoided us. Shame really since I’m a 20% tipper for good service. No service=no tip.
The evening wasn’t helped by the chef shouting at one of his staff, which made us all in the restaurant go very quiet. Like school kids hearing someone being told off in class.
Harvey’s....... Could do better D+

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We were driving past and were looking for somewhere to stop for food, it was a great experience with staff being very attentive and good to a high standard.

I would fully recommend Harveys for two meals which we couldn't finish (portions are large) and drinks it was extremely reasonable and good quality!

We also like the fact the menu thought outside the box and allowed variety on the plate!

1  Thank amyfenlonxo
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Food very nice and tasty with a good variety menu, staff very pleasant and helpful.
Food made fresh at counter kitchen.

1  Thank mtgg2016
Reviewed February 21, 2018 via mobile

As usual the welcome at Harvey's was friendly. We ordered from the £5.99 lunchtime menu and the food arrived promptly and was delicious. O had the fish burger and fries - a super generous piece of battered fish and importantly for me, the batter was crisp and not at all greasy. So generous was the portion of fish, I couldn't finish my fries and had no room for dessert (probably a good thing as dessert at lunchtime inevitably leads to a lazy afternoon).
Worth a visit for a fuss free, tasty meal.

1  Thank Patricia T
Reviewed February 12, 2018 via mobile

I absolutely love this place. Amazing food, lovely atmosphere and friendly staff.

On the last visit with my dad we both left basically rolling out of the door, stuffed to the brim.

Only downside for my dad is how loud the music can be at times due to his hearing...they do play so crackers though.