“Afternoon tea”

Lavender Tea Rooms
Ranked #1 of 8 Dessert in Bakewell
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a very traditional English tearooms serving high quality teas and coffees and delicious locally sourced food in a stylish and timeless setting. Our spectacular five tier afternoon teas are a delight on the eye and the palate, just make sure you are very hungry on arrival as the portions are generous! We also serve a limited range of alcoholic drinks to accompany your afternoon tea or meal. We offer sparkling Prosecco and red, white or rose wine or for those wanting a more spirited tipple we now have gin and tonic with the option of a shot of liqueur as a special treat
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I decided to take a little break from exploring and came here for an afternoon tea with a scone and decided to also try the lavender cupcake. The latter wasn´t particular to my liking, but the scone with cluttered butter and strawberry jam, was very nice. Not a particularly large selection of teas, or coffees.

Reviewed 17 April 2018

This is a lovely little tea shop in a very pretty courtyard, a little too cold to sit outside so we took a table inside. It is quite small but the service and breakfast were very good.

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

I wouldn’t really say that it was a great visit but I think due to the busyness it was probably an unfair reflection on the cafe. The poor waitress was rushed off her feet and literally running up and down the stairs. Our table didn’t have a menu so when she took our order for coffee I wasn’t aware of what else was available to order when asked “can I get you anything else”, I didn’t actually know what they had to offer. Overall service was quite poor but I think she did the best that she could with the amount of people that she had to deal with.

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

Basic food on offer but done well and with a pleasant, speedy service. Good size portions and food was fresh and tasty. Will visit again!

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

Really enjoyed our family lunch, good menu choices, Bakewell Tart was great and the staff were very friendly and welcoming. Will definitely be back next time we visit Bakewell.