“Faultless, lovely hosts and beautiful food.”
Review of The White Hart Inn

The White Hart Inn
Ranked #9 of 28 Restaurants in Llandeilo
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Under New management since February 2015. A traditional well appointed pub, Restaurant and Function Venue. A full menu served all day every day. Rooms available from just £50 including Breakfast
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My family and I have been in Llandeilo for the Easter weekend visiting family that live over the road from the White Hart. We visited the White Hart on a number of occasions over the weekend as we always do when in town.

This Pub Hotel and Restaurant is so friendly, the landlord, landlady, staff and locals make you feel very welcome from the second you step through the door, which is rare these days. It has a very strong community feel to it which is what attracts us back.

The food is excellent and so much more than your normal hotel pub food. it's the kind of food I would expect from a high end restaurant with a lovely personal presentation.

Only fault I have is I didn't win the pool competition on Friday night!!

Can't wait to return.

Matt, Kelly and family

alicejames, Owner at The White Hart Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Matt
Thanks so much for your very lovely review!! You need to come and live in Llandeilio
We can see more of you and your lovely family and as a bonus you can practice your pool playing skills!!!

On a serious note, it was out absolute pleasure to have you at the White Hart and look forward to seeing you next time

Julia, Rob and co. X

Reviewed March 11, 2018 via mobile

We went as a party of 8 on what’s obviously a very busy day for any good establishment.

Whilst they were very busy our table awaited us and we were quickly seated with menus in hand.

The food matched the service,,, excellent, starters and main course were served piping hot and had an abundance of flavour.

The puddings were the icing on the cake.

Many pubs get busy because of their location,,, this one obviously gets busy because the locals know that they won’t be disappointed,, and we weren’t either,,,

Excellent service, lovely food and a bill that didn’t break the bank,,,

Don’t think twice about it,,, just book it,, you won’t be disappointed.

Thanks team,,, you made our girls Mothers Day a little bit special.

alicejames, Manager at The White Hart Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2018

Many thanks for.your fabulous review. I.am very proud of all our staff and very grateful to everyone who chose to done with us. Many thanks

Reviewed February 28, 2018

I was visiting friends in the area and had a 4 hour trip so needed somewhere to stay the night. I found this place by searching on booking .com and to be honest, I booked it without first checking tripadvisor as I only needed somewhere to put my head down for the night. I paid £50 for a room with a double and single bed, and as this is quite cheap, I expected some less than salubrious conditions. However, I was in for a nice surprise as my room was fresh and tastefully decorated in white and royal blue (fairly recently I would imagine) and everything I required was there including tea/coffee facilities, tv etc. The bed was comfy, and there were plenty of towels. I then checked tripadvisor to see what others had said. I was surprised to hear the comments about the 'helicopter' noises - I did hear this fan for a bit, but, as the owner's reply states, it did go off after a bit and wasn't at all a nuisance to me anyway. I was in room 8 which was near the fan. The breakfast (included in the price) was better than most breakfasts that I've paid huge money for and it was served with a lovely smile and morning chatter by the lady serving us. I chose the Full English Breakfast. The upstairs area / room was very warm.... possibly due to it being the coldest week ever due to the arrival of The Beast from the East (for those reading this months later, you may recall it was the cold snap that came from Russia) but also possibly due to someone saying it was too cold when they stayed there... I'd prefer to be too warm than freeze in the clutches of the Beast from the East anyway. So all in all, I had a fantastic stay and based on the room I stayed in and the price I paid I would 100% stay here again and recommend it to others.

1  Thank 789elle
alicejames, Manager at The White Hart Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2018

Many thanks for your very lovely review. You are correct in saying people complain about the fan! It is part of the extraction unit in the kitchen so is on whilst the kitchen is open (never after 9pm)! Personally, the noise wouldn't bother me and I do feel a bit of exaggeration at the comparison to a helicopter!! But so be it!

We do also struggle with the temeperature of the hotel, what others feel is too warm, others find too cold!! There are valves on all radiators to control though!

It makes it all worthwhile when we get a fair review off lovely guests like yourselves!
Many Many Thanks x

Reviewed February 26, 2018 via mobile

Very good quality food, menu choice was full of different dishes. Homemade desserts to die for! Lovely friendly atmosphere

Reviewed February 26, 2018 via mobile

I visit the white hart quite regular be it for a meal , to socialise in one of the many tributes or live music evenings, never fail to have a great time and made to feel very welcome, and almost nearly all the time free of charge

I go there quite a few times throughout the year for meals and family occasions and food is of a very high standard and the service is great every member of staff willing to go above and beyond to make my visit enjoyable and that they do . Every time I go to the white hart I find that also other customers are very friendly and include us especially on days where there is a good rugby match .

THANK YOU AND SEE U SOON IM SURE .