“Scones to die for”

Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Skidby
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 23 September 2016

This is the first time I have visited Sails cafe. I had the cream tea special and my friend had a wrap. We had to wait quite a while but when the food came it was delicious. My friend has to watch what she eats and the salad was altered accordingly. The tea was hot and delightfully served with a home made shortbread biscuit. We had reserved a table and we're glad we did. We are planning another visit when the windmill is repaired so keep a scone for me!

1  Thank peachypie4676

Reviewed 18 September 2016

We asked for a buffet for over 30 people which we ate in the windmill. All the sandwiches were lovely, as were the quiche and vol-au-vents.

We also had a choice of a victoria sponge or another cake, both of which were also lovely. There is a nice area for sitting outside.

Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

Writing another review for cyclists who love the 'cafe stop'. Great setting and good food, the scones we had were the best I've had in the Yorkshire/ East Riding/ Lincolnshire area and our cycling group have sampled many scones on our travels.
I recommend this gem of a place to everyone.

Reviewed 26 August 2016

Would have like a breakfast but was too late, like to see them do an all day one. so had the soup and a coffee, both tasted fine, the home made bread for the soup particularly good. My only grumble was that out of about 10 tables 4 were reserved 3 of them still empty when we left.

Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

A hide gem. Great food. Great drinks. Great service. A truly relaxed atmosphere. We will return. Visit the windmill museum, also worth a visit.