Dolcemente Ek Balam
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
US$29
Priceline
hotel colonial la aurora(Valladolid)(Great Value!)
US$38
US$34
El Meson del Marques(Valladolid)
US$53
US$50
Hotel Zaci(Valladolid)
US$41
US$32
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 22 February 2017 via mobile

This place was so peaceful, just very few people walking around, comparing to Chichen itza - as i heard was crowded of visitors, plus you are allowed to climb up the main pyramid and nearby theres a beautiful cenote where to swim at!
To reach - you can take taxi, about 200 pesos or collectivo for 50 pesos.
And there are the real mayan blood guys dressed up in warrior outfits to have a picture with for a tip.

Stayed: November 2016, traveled solo
Reviewed 19 November 2016 via mobile

Mind you, this hotel is not for everyone: no pool, AC, wifi nor television. We were the only guests. The garden is very nice, and the caretaker, Hilda, prepares excellent meals for a very reasonable price. It is a tad run-down, and the shower could use more pressure, but the warmth of our hostess and her family, and the charm of the surrounding village more than made up for these defects. At $30 a night, what do you want. If you are cool with the simple and charming, you'll be fine. I would stay here again

Stayed: November 2016, traveled as a couple
daniele c, Gerente at Dolcemente Ek Balam, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2016

Hi, i'm Daniele, thans for your visit. I just discover the water pipe has big troubles because the hard water. I will install a small booster pump to help tha water flow.
Lack of television, internet , even telephone was a clear decision of the owner.
"this place is magic.... let the chance to discover it!"
Finally, i must say i really agree. I'm building my very own house in EK BALAM because the peace you can discover in your mind is ... unique. (hope i can explain myself).
Let me know when coming back again, i will prepare some special meal for you. B/R Daniel

Reviewed 13 January 2015

we went this weekend with previous reservation by expedia as we get at Ek Balam town we look for the hotel Dolcemente but we only see one big house with other Italian name so we went and look around it was lights off so went and look around the town we find other cabins and ask the people from there were so kind to take us to the first place we went but tell us that you have to look in front in a neighbors house for the person in charge, she came out a gerat Womena took care of Us and mention that she did not know there was a reservation that peopla that was in charge did not phone her or tell her anything good that we have our print reservation so we only write our name in a book and went to our room very impressive it was clean even we were scare that we were all alone in This big property we stay for the night next day we wake up and have our coffe and bread as it is mention on our package and ask for more...I would like to congratulate the perosn that is in charge living in front of the hotel she is very nice and everything was great...we thank her because we have a great time and not a nightmare. A recomendation for the hotel administration put a signed with Dolcemente name and also a signed please look for the lady at the green house in front. And yes i will recomend it for the night to go net day to the ruins

• Stayed: January 2015, traveled with friends
3  Thank Susana P
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We'd read about this restaurant and really wanted to try it. After visiting the Ek Balam ruins, we got a local taxi to take us into the village. We were the only guests at Dolcemente and were greeted by Daniele, the owner. The food was amazing, every bit as good as we'd been told. To find such incredible Italian pasta in such a remote Mexican village was amazing, and the homemade tiramisu was even better than other reviews have stated. I don't know how Daniele Conty and his wife manage to survive on so few visitors but I really hope business picks up for them as more people discover Ek Balam. Daniele was very eloquent about his love for this part of Mexico; he comes from Rome and this restaurant and hotel is his dream. I encourage everyone who comes to the site (much more accessible than Chichen Itza) to come to Dolcemente for lunch or dinner. We didn't stay overnight but the hotel rooms look clean, simple and comfortable. This is a restaurant that deserves to be much better known and I will be recommending it to everyone I know.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Leo E
Reviewed 28 December 2013

This place was deserted when we got there. I haven't a clue how they manage to stay open and maintain such lavish facilities and reasonable prices, but did not feel good about asking questions. This is especially considering that, in the middle of nowhere, the restaurant provided the most outstanding homemade Italian food I have had outside Italy, including New York City! Our party of three had a variety of pastas and seafood and our table was graced with the finest-textured homemade noodles and shrimp so sweet and tender they seemed to have come straight for the sea. Dessert (tiramisu) was likewise homemade and exquisite. The restaurant manager/chef/caretaker did a great job and was happy to show us around the accommodations as well, which looked lovely.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family