Lowest prices for your stay
US$205
View deal
Free cancellation until 06/08/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
Expedia.comUS$205
All reviews bridge walk steam train great lunch chicken burger light lunch main bar booked a table trout lovely food evening meal well worth a visit weekend stay fantastic views welsh breakfast breakfast was delicious three bridges short break
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 May 2021 via mobile

Lovely hotel and terrace.
Serving staff friendly.
Shame about the food.
I was asked by the lady taking my payment if the Veggie Sausage baps we had were good. I said they were not good and explained that veggie food has come a long way since reconstituted mashed tasteless, undercooked vegetables.
She said that her other customers liked them(I think they were just being polite) So really she didn’t want my feed back anyway unless it was positive!
Anyway, heads up The Hafod, we are no longer in the 1980’s, there are plenty of better products out there.

Room tip: Avoid the veggie sausage bap!
Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed 16 November 2020

Had a lovely coffee and cake here, unfortunately the toilets were awful. We were directed to the disabled loo in a storage room, no lights, rubbish on the floor and building supplies in full view. As the most expensive cafe we visited on our trip, I was disgusted by the toilets. If that is how they treat people with a disability under normal times and everyone in these times, then I will take my trade elsewhere.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2020

Stayed there for a short break in November 2020. Staff were very friendly and accommodating. Room was cosy with lovely bathroom. We dined at the hotel the food was excellent. What more do I need to say.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank 186460JohnB
Reviewed 15 November 2020

Excellent very clean double room, comfortable bed, small shower room but does the job. This is our 3rd visit to this gem and we will be back again. Took up an offer which was £85 a night split as £25 for the room and £30 each for meals. The meals were so big we did not go for starters or afters apart from our first night. Meals were HUGE and delicious, breakfast was fantastic and very tasty (I want those sausages here at home). Staff were wonderful especially Holly (I hope that is your name, waiter told us after we described you to him) she was funny and very helpful. Thanks Holly. The breakfast waiter we had ( Ex BA Steward) was fantastic and provided knowledge of walks etc. A very good experience again with only one gripe. The WiFi was very bad and there is no signal on the mobile networks due to location. They are working on better WiFi we were told. Overall the negative reviews on here are mostly wrong, don't always believe them.

Room tip: The Duke Of Nottingham suite is the best room.
Reviewed 24 September 2020

A long review but for an important reason.
On arrival at the hotel we were surprised at the renovation work that was taking place. As this was not mentioned when we booked. The floor was concrete with a lot of rugs covering it, there was no carpet on the stairs. Leading into the dining room was a wooden ramp and a wooden step. I will come back to this shortly.
Whilst waiting to book in 2 members of staff walked past us and ignored us, the fact we were standing outside the office with our luggage. We had to go and find a member of staff so we could book in, they explained that the hotel wasn’t due to open until Christmas but the owners had decided to open early.
The stairs were bare wood with some gaps in the treads, beware if you wear heels.
The bedrooms were very well presented with some unique features like metal pipe for hanging your clothes. A full size kettle instead of a travel size kettle was a pleasant surprise. Its a pity that it won’t fit under the tap. So be prepared to use the glass to fill the kettle.
Now back to the renovation work in the foyer. There were no signs or foot tape warning of the step.
This led to my father in law falling down the step and having to be lifted up by 2 members of staff (thank you to the 2 ladies). He sustained a cut to his forearm and was shaken by the experience. When the staff were asked for a first aid kit all they had were some small blue catering plasters. We had to ask if there was an accident book for this incident to be logged. The details were written on a food order pad. I had to get a first aid kit out of the car and clean and dress the wound. The staff were concerned about what had happened. They said the morning staff would make sure he was ok. I asked for a “please mind the step” sign to be displayed and the staff made and printed one
The morning staff did not ask about my father in laws health, they were more concerned whether there was anything outstanding on his bill.
Upon returning home my wife sent an email highlighting our concerns regarding the step and the fact it had led to an injury
At the time of writing this review 9 days after the event, no one has contacted to ask how my father in law is now.
A birthday present spoilt