“Excellent Pub”

Britannia Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Llanmadoc
Price range: US$8 - US$31
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Britannia Inn is an 18th Century Restaurant set in the village of Llanmadoc. The award winning restaurant has an excellent reputation for the quality of its food. The decor in the restaurant provides a pleasant atmosphere in which to enjoy meal. There is also a bar menu which can enjoyed in the small friendly bar along with a choice of real ales.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My Father is from the Gower, and for many years the pubs have been second division- not offering decent food or making much effort to secure repetitive business. The low ebb was the Worms Head Hotel back in 2015 which was the worst meal I have ever eaten. The Britannia is completely different!

After a 6 mile walk, we were welcomed into the pub. The food was superb, Mussels from Llanelli, salt marsh lamb. My kids were also well looked after with excellent service. The Britannia Inn is a really nice cosy pub offering decent food and chat.Thanks guys!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I visited with my family on a snowy Sunday afternoon, we were met with an inviting fire and a great atmosphere. The bar man was lacking in knowledge of the menu but was massively friendly and it was nothing that impacted on our visit at all, his customer service was great. We were sat in the bar area which was very cosy but the lighting was slightly on the dark side. For food I chose the beef dinner and the whole meal was one of the best I’ve ever eaten, I’ve raved about it to anyone that will listen. My partner had the lamb and as someone who rarely eats meat he was absolutely thrilled with his decision. The portions could have been slightly bigger, but that’s only because it was so good I could have eaten a truck full. I would 100% recommend eating here as you will not be disappointed

megan2010_11, Manager at Britannia Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi

thank you for your review and the complimentary comments you have made. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed March 16, 2018

Lunch was very good, friendly service and not expensive - this is what pubs should be like all over the Uk but unfortunately they are not. If you are in the area - do go.

Hi caroline

Lovely comments thank you.

Reviewed March 16, 2018 via mobile

This was our second visit to the Britannia Inn and yet again it did not disappoint. Delicious food, melt in the mouth steak, compliments to the chef on shift. The inn was very busy with the bar area full and restaurant majority full, Tom managed the floor brilliantly on his own despite how busy it was. Had everything down to a T and detail was on point. 10/10 for service. Will definitely be returning!
Koran and Ben table 9 on the evening of Thursday 15th March x

Hi Both

Nice to hear that you enjoyed your visit to us and thank you for your compliments for Tom.

Reviewed March 12, 2018

A very nice place let down by customer service.
After we had eaten our meals, was disappointing to hear the 2 tables next to us get given complimentary Glamorgan Sausages. Why were we not given them?
A waitress asked if we wanted the Desert Menu, and forgot to bring it to us. 20 mins later after I asked, she brought one out.
20 mins later she had still not come to take an order!
Whilst my starter of Mussels and main of Lamb Tagine was very nice, my wife's Vegeteble Lasagne was overpowered by Fennel.

Hi Jonathan

We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed by your visit to the Britannia. Your comments have been noted and passed onto the staff.