Le Laury's
US$98
Hotel l'Igloo(Morzine)
Priceline
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Small quirky hotel. Clean and lovely food.
Franck the owner is great and really makes you feel welcome!
Bedrooms small but clean. Very strange extra tiny bath. Not sure a grown man would fit but it served it's purpose. Would definitely return

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Franck the hotel manager was a legend and made our stop so much better. The rooms are fine and clean! the food is really good and made each night for us personally. We had risotto and fondue made just for us. British sky tv with sports and a lovely bar. IT HAS ITS OWN NIGHTCLUB! we didn't venture in but it is there. Two minutes from a good set of bars and five/ten minutes walk to the lifts. They even offer a shuttle if this seems to far to walk.

I could't recommend this hotel more highly!

Jon W

Room Tip: Ask for room near the restaurant
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank jon w
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Stayed here at Le Laury's for the second time between Christmas and New Year 2013. Its quirky, simple and has a great location just a short walk from the centre of the village and the lifts. The rooms are small but warm and comfortable and with LOTS of hot water which for a hotel in a ski resort when running at full capacity is a bit of novelty! The food is simple but very tasty and wholesome. The highlight though are the owners who are very hands on and always welcoming and available. A BIG thanks to Franck and to Lauryanne...........They book up very quickly and have a rightly loyal following but if thinking of going to Morzine during the winter look this place up. Don't expect glitz but do expect a warm welcome and great hosts....

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2013

This is our second year staying at Le Laurys and once again from the moment we arrived, Franck and Lauryanne made us incredibly welcome. Brilliant place to stay, with great food and well placed for a short walk into town after dinner. Looking forward to our trip next year!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 9, 2013

What a place! You have to ignore the many knick-knacks on the window sills and the odd lighting and remember the delightful but slightly quirky owner Franck. Ignore the seventies decor and see how clean it is and how Franck and Lauryette want you to have a good time at their hotel. Good price as everyone has said, pretty good position if you don't mind a bit of a walk into town. You can get the bus though it goes round a long way. Leave your skis at the ski shop and walk in your apres ski boots instead. (We used the abc sports which is a Skiset shop and almost next to the Super Morzine lift). The food in the evening was a little bit hit and miss though overall quite good. Breakfast was the same every day - orange or apple juice, warm mini croissants, pains au chocolat and raisin whirls, baguettes, pancakes (drop scones), butter, jams. You could have scrambled egg etc. at an extra charge but we never did. Always plenty. Tea, coffee or chocolate. English spoken well by Franck and not particularly well by the others so lots of chance to practice the French if you wanted to. Franck was very kind in that, when we discovered a problem with my booking for my extra night before that originally booked for everyone in my party, he phoned around and found me a room for the night. We decided on the same rate as he was charging me for the other nights and he took me to the other hotel, picked me up for dinner, took me back again and picked me up for breakfast the next day without any problem. We had karaoke one night, which was really a chance for Francke to sing to Frank Sinatra songs and was quite fun. Two of the guests also joined in. Then he left it to run and we could talk again. He has sports of all kinds on the tv there and will change it to whatever you want. There is a bar which can be used by the public too and the restaurant is also open to the public. Just one evening, a group came in to eat and watch a match at the same time. The tv was not intrusive.
So a bit of a mixture. Franck was kindness itself, Lauryette I think was not too well so could be a little aloof at times but fine if you talked to her in French. They were very good with my friend who has dietary difficulties. Rooms small, certainly at the top where we all were. Old fashioned but very clean. Each room had a number but also a name of a resort such as Courchevel.
Would I stay there again? Not sure. I have given in 4 stars though. I would have no qualms about staying there on my own, which I did on the Saturday. It's a friendly, though rather odd place. They are very happy to have people just for a few days at a time so we got to know several different sets of guests. Stay there if you want a quirky, interesting hotel. If you want a little more style, go to Le Cret, where I stayed on the Saturday.

Room Tip: If you want a twin room you will have to ask as most are doubles. Bathroom sizes vary too.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends