“Great place for a meal with friends. Fabulous food”

Aangan Indian Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 153 Restaurants in Footscray
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Aangan offers the authentic flavours of Indian home cooking in a warmly furnished 160-seat indoor and outdoor Indian Rrestaurant. Being one of Melbourne's top Indian dining destinations, Aangan is widely praised and is a multi-award winner having secured several accolades from The Age Good Food Guide, Epicure and Cheap Eats. Aangan's menu comprises of traditional and regionally-inspired Indian cuisine featuring many signature dishes. We are a fully licensed restaurant offering the option of BYO (wine only). In addition, we offer a Gluten Free and Vegetarian Menu and use Halal certified meat products. For your convenience, we provide take-away meals, free home delivery with a 25 minute Express Menu and a 'park and collect' service is also available. We also specialise in functions and events and can provide catering in our restaurant or in a venue of your choice. At Aangan, we invite you to take a culinary journey throughout India, to savour and discover new ingredients and dishes, with good company and exceptional customer service.
Reviewed January 19, 2017

We went here for a birthday celebration with a few friends. We dined in the back area, which I think has more atmosphere. Sometimes they have Bollywood movies showing on the TV but not this time.
It is noisy and casual, with lots of laughter.
The food was beautiful with something for every taste. We had friends who enjoy really hot food and others who only like a little spice, yet everyone was happy. Sharing is the way to go. Serves were plentiful and interesting

There are newer reviews for Aangan Indian Restaurant

Reviewed January 17, 2017 via mobile

Just stopped by to have a quick meal with my daughter while in the area. So very cute and quite, overall the meals was absolutely stunning and yummy.

Reviewed January 16, 2017

Value for money... simply loved everything... from customer service to ambience to food... recommend anyone who wnts to try tasty indian food and receive good customer service.

Cheers
Mustafa

Reviewed January 10, 2017 via mobile

No 1 rest in melbourne with excellent sevice and authentic food : no other rest could match aangan when u r talking abou t indian cuisine

Reviewed January 9, 2017 via mobile

My family and I came here for my birthday. This restaurant has been recommended many times to me and I decided to have my birthday lunch here. I cannot complain about the food which was amazing, really authentic and we were really really satisfied. Although this, we were served beers out of date and it was replaced with something else, that we didn't even chose, but luckily it was good enough. No apology for that, not even offered to have a round on the house. Quite embarrassing really.
Unfortunately, this restaurant doesn't shine for location and for layout. We were sat on a table very close to a wooden box bolted to the wall with some wool paper on it that was falling apart, plus the table was full of dead flies.
Service should be a little bit more cheerful, as the restaurant has got a good name but it doesn't really appear to be fantastic as you step in.
By the way we will go back for the food (maybe?) but hopefully the hygiene in the kitchen is on a different level. The experience was pretty good but I truly suggest management to make few changes.