“Excellent customer service”

Ranked #4 of 155 Restaurants in Footscray
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Aangan offers the authentic flavours of Indian home cooking in a warmly furnished 160-seat indoor and outdoor Indian Rrestaurant. Being one of Melbourne's top Indian dining destinations, Aangan is widely praised and is a multi-award winner having secured several accolades from The Age Good Food Guide, Epicure and Cheap Eats. Aangan's menu comprises of traditional and regionally-inspired Indian cuisine featuring many signature dishes. We are a fully licensed restaurant offering the option of BYO (wine only). In addition, we offer a Gluten Free and Vegetarian Menu and use Halal certified meat products. For your convenience, we provide take-away meals, free home delivery with a 25 minute Express Menu and a 'park and collect' service is also available. We also specialise in functions and events and can provide catering in our restaurant or in a venue of your choice. At Aangan, we invite you to take a culinary journey throughout India, to savour and discover new ingredients and dishes, with good company and exceptional customer service.
Reviewed January 10, 2017 via mobile

No 1 rest in melbourne with excellent sevice and authentic food : no other rest could match aangan when u r talking abou t indian cuisine

Reviewed January 9, 2017 via mobile

My family and I came here for my birthday. This restaurant has been recommended many times to me and I decided to have my birthday lunch here. I cannot complain about the food which was amazing, really authentic and we were really really satisfied. Although this, we were served beers out of date and it was replaced with something else, that we didn't even chose, but luckily it was good enough. No apology for that, not even offered to have a round on the house. Quite embarrassing really.
Unfortunately, this restaurant doesn't shine for location and for layout. We were sat on a table very close to a wooden box bolted to the wall with some wool paper on it that was falling apart, plus the table was full of dead flies.
Service should be a little bit more cheerful, as the restaurant has got a good name but it doesn't really appear to be fantastic as you step in.
By the way we will go back for the food (maybe?) but hopefully the hygiene in the kitchen is on a different level. The experience was pretty good but I truly suggest management to make few changes.

Reviewed January 4, 2017

orrible Biryani served in this diner.Inhuman Hospitality.. Excellent Ambiance but not excellent staff members

Since its a popular busy joint.We are not allowed to ask any customization or changes.

The lady who works here in front is so rude and one side...Authentic Indian food North, East ,West ,South Indian food are there but not like this place...

Got Biryani and basic raitha-- HALF cooked rice loads of oil and Cannot ask anything. Horrible flavors blended...Well after tasting couple of spoons

We got butter chicken which my friend insisted.. Full of colored sweet and spice synthetic flavors.

Threw it in the bin...

Melbourne has horrible diners related to Indian cuisine in the name of Dominating North Indian stereotype known food without life & authenticity blended with a vague inhuman hospitality in the food industry..

Highly not recommended..

2  Thank RaviRaaja
Reviewed January 4, 2017 via mobile

I got takeaway from here with some friends and loved it, awesome variety of dishes with many vegetarian options and great flavours!

Reviewed January 2, 2017

We had a very good meal here. The serving sizes were generous, which is unusual for Melbourne curry joints. All three courses were tasty. Great value.

The plates and water jug could have been cleaner, but otherwise a fun visit. The tented area outback gave me the impression of being a guest at a wedding in Delhi.